removing stuck bath panel

Hello,

I need to remove our bath panel. Its got a lip that fits under the bath and it's stuck in place. I know some have an adjustable bit at the bottom you can unscrew, but this does not; it's at its minimum height. It really is wedged in.

What's the best way to proceed? I was thinking of putting a screw in one corner and pulling on that. After removing it, I could put a small handle where the screw was to tidy up the hole and aid removal in the future.

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

Angle grinder?

Blow torch?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Has the bath subsided a bit? If so, can you lift it slightly to relieve pressure on the panel?

Reply to
John

"Fred" wrote

Check that there are no screws through the bottom inch or so into a floor mounted baton. Really needs to be dragged out from the bottom first to allow room to disengage the top lip from behind the bath edge IYSWIM. Your idea of screwing something in low down sounds good, maybe one each end will be required and pull simultaneously on both. Can be aggravating if it is not only tight top/bottom but also wedged in at each end! If one end has been cut to fit, then the stiffening "return" may well be missing making this end more flexible ie easier to wangle something behind once you have started it moving.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

replying to Fred, Jim wrote: I have just had the same problem. I slid a small Alan key under the panel and turned it so the L was pointing up behind the panel. With a strong pair of grips I got slot of purchase and was able to drag the panel out.

Reply to
Jim

Maybe he's waited 12 years to hear that.

Reply to
tabbypurr

^^^^ should be Allen

Reply to
charles

Yes the person who wrote the message sorting algorithm on Home owners club Usenet interface has a lot to answer for. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff