Stuck mdf bath panel

I?ve tried to remove my mfd bath panel but it?s snapped and now I can?t get the rest out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated thank you

Staceyjo86

Use a multi tool to cut the skirting, remove it then you should be fine.

Reply to
TMH

Skirting round a 'king bath? What loony did that?

Take the opportunity to make a new bath panel to size, and attach it to the frame with magnets. That way it can be removed easily for access.

Reply to
Tim Streater

i) it looks like hardboard rather than MDF

ii) It looks if the panel was fitted first and then that piece of skirting board attached to the bath frame afterwards. Possibly it was screwed to the frame and then the screw holes filled prior to painting. The screws possibly go through the panel. You need to remove that piece of skirting board.

Reply to
alan_m

Or can fall off with a kick.

So many people make service panels for kit that will last longer than the panel will.

Fan went in one of my toilets. Fan was - is - installed in the ceiling void with no hatch.,

Out with the plasterboard saw, remove section of ceiling, replace fan, replace plasterboard, fill, paint...that should be OK for the next 16 years...

I've got two 12V dimmable lighting transformers buried in walls...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

wrecking bar good for that.

TNPs famous algorithm of all repairs

WHEN IN DOUBT RIP IT OUT Lerant many years ago fixing cars when it was ALWAYS quicker to remove the WHOLE axle,. so you could te it in a vice to get the sodding brake drums off...and then renove all the wheel cylinders...

..rather than faffing around in the mud with a blowlamp..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mine is hardboard and skirting, but just remove the screws (plated brass - still OK after about 28 years) and it all comes away. I deliberately used slotted RH screws to make a 'feature' so that no concealing of them was necessary.

Reply to
PeterC

Ah you are obviously being punished for using such a useless portal into Usenet.... Not much to go on in you post. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think the advice you have had from the rest of the group is possibly wrong. (There's fighting talk!)

I would leave the skirting board in place, and I'd trim away the rest of the bath panel. It looks like hardboard, so a sharp knife should do the trick. Then make up a new bath panel to slot in on top of the skirting board.

The skirting board would be a bugger to remove, as there are bound to be screws into the framework that have been artfully covered over with filler.

That's assuming you can do whatever you need to do under the bath without removing the skirting board.

Reply to
GB

+1. Then silicone it to stop the skirting getting soaked. Which means getting the new panel rigid there, which means adding another bit of wood.

Most regulars here don't read anything from that website you're using.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

.... except the 3 photos showing the problem

Reply to
alan_m

There are informative photographs, but ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

The skirting appears to have been fixed with the usual couple of nails every couple of feet, which surprised me - maybe the bottom rail behind it is 4x2 rather than 2x2. Or maybe the skirting was reused from somewhere else. I'd put a cold chisel down the back of the skirting to see where it stuck.

Reply to
Rob Morley