Wago and Grip-it

Aren't Wago connectors one of the greatest DIY inventions! Got called in today to fit a new fluorescent tube assembly after a friend removed the old one only to discover he didn't understand loop-in. Typical 50's or thereabouts installation, not an inch of spare wire. But relatively easy with Wago lever connectors. Was glad of the Dremel to enlarge the hole in the tube carrier though. Couldn't poke the wiring and Wagos back into the ceiling because the wiring (four off 1mm t+e) had all been threaded through a 15 mm hole in the joist.

Also used a couple of Grip-it's to fit the new tube to the plasterboard ceiling rather than hunt around for the joists. First time I have used them, seemed to work well.

Reply to
newshound

I dont know with regard to an electricians view but for me they are good for testing electrical appliances. eg I was putting some lighting up outside, 2 lights linked to 2 seperate PIRs, being an amateur and getting help with the wiring layout I then rigged up a temporary set up indoors to test it linking it all with wago connections, same for some LEDs in the kitchen a temp connection before I installed permanently, as wife maybe wouldnt have liked them. I keep a couple connected to a plug for testing purposes.

Reply to
ss