Click Flow

Bought a few of these

like a much better way of wiring up a new light fitting. Smaller than a JB so a smaller hole in the ceiling and all 3 incoming cables can be stripped to the same length, so easier to wire up.

Smaller bit can be wired to the (often heavy) light fitting & simply plugged in. Cable grip on smaller bit, so better than a JB or chockies. No holes for securing larger bit to a joist though.

Seems good to me, I assume it complies with all the regs?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman wibbled:

Hi Dave,

I tried some for the hell of it and my assessments are:

The "plug" is a good piece of work, with cord clamp and screw down cover.

The "socket" is OK - but could have been better IMO:

a) No predrilled hole to screw it down to a joist - not totally necessary of the cables are clipped correctly but would have been a bonus;

b) It is a sod to get 3 cables in. Two's OK. A slightly longer socket would help to allow more wiggle space for lots of wires.

c) The cover IMHO is rather too easy to unclip. Again, a screw would have sorted this out.

Having said that, I will probably be using them for flex drops to my kitchen cabinet lighting - easy to unplug if one wants to remove a wall cupboard and I'll only need 2 cables in and loop out.

There's nothing about them that scare me - they just could have been made a little bit better for another 10p. The contacts seem competant which is the main thing.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Question is, what as? AFAIK, it's still a junction box as the fixed part has no strain reliefs and is easily opened. That means it's not usable in some situations where a chock box might otherwise be.

Otherwise I like them. I've been installing them in my workshop along the top of the wall, then flexible cable running upwards at 45 to the fittings hanging on chain. This also allows me to isolate individual fittings when re-lamping, but still letting me leave the lights on. (I'm not relamping a sodium fitting with power on it).

Reply to
Andy Dingley