Wago 222-412 and enclosures and extending wiring

A couple of questions:

(1) If Wago 222-412 connectors are out of reach under screwed down floorboards do they have to be in a protective enclosure? If so, what?

(2) Due to false positives from a detector suggesting old wiring was still live, my 13A ring extension stops short of the point where I need to cut into the ring.

Can I be lazy and just add an extra length of wire to each side using the Wago connectors (presumably just like adding another socket to the ring) or do I have to pull out the existing new wires and run in a longer pair?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Ah. Looks as though it should be in a box.

My one Wagobox doesn't seem to have enough room to stack 3 222-412 connectors on top of each other (unless I am doing something wrong) so I can't join both legs of the ring inside one Wagobox.

So that just leaves the question of the two part connection.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

You can get six 412 connectors, or four 413 connectors, or two 415 plus two 412 connectors in a normal wagobox (do you have a wagobox-light?)

Reply to
Andy Burns

You *are* putting them in the slots with the levers facing sideways, aren't you?

Reply to
Andy Burns

This is something new to me.

Are Wago connectors intended for structural mains installations, or just for industrial systems?

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Bugger!

No I'm not.

Hence the question; thanks.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Look at the "Maintenance Free Application Instructions" here:

nothanks

Anywhere you want a maintenance free joint basically.

Reply to
John Rumm

And very handy they are too, if connecting to short lengths of otherwise fixed wiring in tight spaces.

Reply to
newshound