Vodaphone strange!

Some months ago, Vodaphone re-jigged their website. Security is improved! by sending a text with a number to enter into a box.

Logged in OK earlier but could not find a way of downloading my bill via pdf. Foolishly I tried their on-line chat system.

Whatever they have done prevents the page where the texted number is to be entered from displaying for more than two seconds.

Anyone else? or is it just me?

Recent Firefox *upgrade* but worked OK earlier.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Just tested ... assuming you mean Vodafone :-)

It is a Firefox issue, doesn't work for me ver 45.01.... just tried IE and that works OK. Had a number of sites recently that I can't access from Firefox

Reply to
rick

Is this the beginning of the end for XP? I can see sites will be optimised for mobile devices. I'll try Explorer V8!

Fall back is Vista on my wife's laptop.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Tim ... update for you , found out in my case it was the fact I has uBlock origin ad-on installed on Firefox, it was prevention the 2nd leave access page ... presumably thinking it was unwanted popup. set it to ignore popups for Vodafone site and login page now stays on screen OK.

PS .. you can tell web site to remember so that it does not ask for code each time

Reply to
rick

Ah! That sounds likely.

I managed to log in OK with Explorer and change my password as requested. However, while exploring the site looking for a pdf of my bill, I got dumped by a *404 page not found*.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Right. A step forward.

I don't have anything as fancy as uBlock but following your hint I found my Internet security settings blocking popups at medium level.

I have OK'd Vodafone and the page now works. Still no pdf but the site seems to be undergoing maintenance so I'll try again in a month or so.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Ublock origin is a very useful security measure ... and its free. I just told it to 'accept' this site and its OK now. Vodafone will be pleased, as when I got sorted I took out contract for new Galaxy S7

Reply to
rick