Vodaphone billing (probably OT)

For the last 3 months I have been unable to display and print off my monthly bill. (needed for accountant and VAT purposes).

The video *how to* guide shows screens as they used to appear but don't now on my current browser. ( Firefox 40.. something) In desperation I tried Explorer which on XP is version 8. Still no joy.

I at least had the satisfaction of giving them null points on the customer satisfaction survey:-)

Any ideas?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You could try downloading Opera 34. My default browser is Opera 11, the last one before they buggered up the interface but I have to use 34 for a lot of stuff.

michael adams

michael adams

No consolation, but I'm somewhat cheesed off with them too. I get paper bills, but for the last couple of years, they haven't arrived until the payment date, or even the day afterwards. Then a couple of months ago, it didn't turn up at all, and it took a week of calling customer support before anyone could tell me how much the bill was, and then I got a late payment surcharge added as a result, which took another call to get removed. (Actaully, they never confirmed it was removed, but I knocked it off the payment and it now shows me not owing anything.)

BTW, it's "Vodafone"

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

I'm now on around £8.30 a month so the £1.34? charge for paper billing would be significant.

Not my fault they can't spell:-)

I wondered if their site was expecting a pdf viewer or some such from my browser. Clicking on *viewer* in Firefox didn't fix anything although it then offered some sort of Control/mouse interrogation.

It may be my set up in XP is too clunky for their new site probably designed for I-phone users.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

I'm still on XP and IE8. Works fine here - I click on view bill, get the total (it looks like we're on similar plans!) and a box marked 'view as PDF'. Click on that and open it.

Reply to
Nick

In message , Nick writes

That is how it used to work:-(

Along with their fancy security check (texted number to submit) I wonder if that links to your device type and mine is somehow mis-configured.

My next move is to connect using Vista on my wife's laptop which is unlikely to have the latest Firefox upgrade.

After that..... phone the .......s (apply expletive of your choice).

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Yes - very convenient as the only place I get a signal is in the bathroom (sometimes). If by 'device' you mean 'phone, mine's a Nexus 5 on Marshmallow (the upgrade broke the camera, but otherwise works ok and not been modified).

Reply to
Nick

What type of files are they in fact. i do know that one company recently got on the wrong side of the rnib by taking a picture of the bill and presenting it as a pdf, which of course looked blank to all screenreaders as it was an image.

I do sometimes wonder about companies who change their web sites for no good reason at all. if it aint broke don't fix it should be the watchword. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Does Firefox allow you to highlight the bill area of the screen or is that completely blank? I still suspect its an image, but it could be that the format being used is only displayable in the new Adobe DC reader, which is not available to XP users at all. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

In message , Brian-Gaff writes

er.. Not sure, Brian. Double clicking on any print highlights it in blue but otherwise does nothing.

I got the same on Vista a few minutes ago once I had struggled though the various billing sites. One would only accept 08.. numbers! The world has moved on:-(

I could probably get Adobe DC for the vista m/c or spend Christmas installing Turnpike on the Windows 7 pro m/c taking up space on my desk.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

If W7 is 32-bit, it's a doddle, if it's 64-bit, it's a bit harder and I'm still not sure I'm really happy with Turnpike on a virtual machine. What I am still resisting is moving away from Turnpike as I've still found nothing anywhere near as good.

I would have moved away from vodafone by now though, if I hadn't had so many other crises to deal with. Apart from the Demon debacle, I have 2 Android phablets, one with an Orange sim, one with a voda sim. Both bought and installed at the same time (because I thought the seller would not replace so cheap a faulty one). The Orange sim is still valid and working, the voda one is no longer recognised.

Reply to
Bill

Talktalk tried that one on with me too. Just as an ISP. Sent me emails saying they couldn't contact me by email, so would put me on paper billing at an increased monthly charge. They did increase the monthly charge, but I never got a paper bill. Given I was paying a fixed amount per month by DD and had never exceeded their download limit, it all seemed very odd to me. It was one of the last straws, so I changed ISP.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Vodafone stopped by PAYG service and actually allocated my number to someone else without saying a dicky bird. Had about 20 quid credit too. Saying I didn't use it enough, after I got in touch with them. Did eventually get my number back after threatening them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Bill writes

It is 32 bit. I got confused over administrator rights and cocked up my first attempt. There will be some younger brains here over Christmas so this might be the time:-)

Vodafone has good coverage at all the places I go (including Madeira:-) I don't use my data allowance so just cheap communication away from home.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Demon is threatening a switch off in about 18 months so I will be cast upon the waters!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I left Demon in September deciding that going when I wanted to was a much better thing to do. I left because they weren't offering FTTC and gave no indication of wanting to do so. The day after I signed with my current supplier, I got offered Vodafone FTTC!

Reply to
charles

How sad that the pioneer of cheap internet access has lost the plot. No FTTC? How bizzare but I guess being a brand of Vodafone the parent is more interested in wireless than wired.

I have a soft spot for Demon, being one of the 200 founder members back in 1992.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Bill scribeth thus

Me neither its a super olde prog and I'll have a machine running just that under WIN 2K if i have to but as you say it ticks fine under WIN 7

32 bit here:)

Well FWIW I have moved two accounts from Voda to 3 and their performance on 3 us a bit better here and there but their customer service is deffo better.

Voda's is now s**te poor:(>

Reply to
tony sayer

Works fine for me on Firefox 43.0.2 .... try deleting cookies & cache

Reply to
rick

Which pdf reader are you using?

House full here so I haven't yet tried getting the latest Adobe on the Vista m/c.

Reply to
Tim Lamb