VMS Hobby Licence to morph into Community Licence

and it runs on Intel chips now (but I always thought this was never possible because the x86 architecture lacked a vital lock instruction needed for clustering ???).

Andrew

and it runs on Intel chips now (but I always thought this was never possible because the x86 architecture lacked a vital lock instruction needed for clustering ???).

Andrew

Odd, I tried to post this twice and got an error saying I "could access the server, check settings".

Reply to
Andrew

"Could not Access server ..." and still getting the strange error

Reply to
Andrew

"Could not Access server ..." and still getting the strange error

Reply to
Andrew

five times now :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore"

tracert news.eternal-september.org

Tracing route to nntp-new.eternal-september.org [135.181.20.170] over a maximum of 30 hops:

11 128 ms 126 ms 124 ms core32.hel1.hetzner.com [213.239.203.209] 12 127 ms 123 ms 121 ms ex9k2.dc4.hel1.hetzner.com [213.239.252.214] 13 121 ms 121 ms 120 ms nntp-new.eternal-september.org [135.181.20.170]

So one of the reasons the server isn't quite itself today, is because it isn't quite itself today. [Helsinki, Finland]

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Both you and jimbo are posting dupes, so likely the server is f***ed.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Huh? Its been working fine here. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ooh - just applied.

Last used VAX/VMS 1986-90 - this will be very interesting!

Reply to
Tim W

I used it extensively, mostly Fortran scientific applications. I can still remember most of the commands . I had macros to do the compiling and linking to the Libraries - viz Ghost and NAG and assigning input and output I'm tempted, but can't think of a valid use to put down other than nostalgia.

I've a VAX emulator but it doesn't do a lot .

Brian

Reply to
brian

I managed a VAXcluster for several years (and wroite drivers, etc.)

I have the emulator but also three VAXes. It is possible to generate perpetual licences if you know where to look (VAX licences are no longer available).

Reply to
Bob Eager