Looking for leak stop spray that works on damp surfaces

As per the subject I'm looking for a leak stop spray (i.e. in an aerosol) that can be used when the leaking area is still wet/damp. I'm sure I've seen such a thing but now I can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction please.

This is for things such as somewhat porous cills and/or imperfect aluminium window surrounds. It's not to fix up big holes.

Reply to
Chris Green

If memory serves correctly one of the Belzona products had this capability. However Belzona had some exceedingly enthusiastic pricing staff.

Reply to
John J

If I remember right the stuff I'm thinking of was pretty expensive so you could be right, thanks, I'll take a look.

Reply to
Chris Green

This stuff? Not in an aerosol though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Possibly, but the instructions say:-

Make sure the crack is hairline (i.e. less than 1mm wide) and as dry as possible. If it’s an outdoor repair make sure the conditions are frost, rain-free and temperature is not below 7°C/44.6°F.

So still needs to be dry[ish].

Reply to
Chris Green

There used to be a kind of bithemin spray stuff that did this, but it was black and looked awful. This was some years ago, it also stank and bunged up the nozzle after a couple of uses as I recall, I guess as it was supposed to stop leaks, that was hardly surprising! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think this was the stuff but belzona will be able to clarify.

John J

How exactly does a cill leak? I can't help suspecting a bodge here. Sealing oer porous cills is not usually a good answer.

Reply to
Animal

The particular case I'm thinking of is some gable windows in the room above our (detached) garage. My work bench and tools below get dripped on when there's heavy rain. It's basically because the woodwork around the gable windows has got old and porous, it's fairly sound still just rather cracked.

Tracing the exact route that the water is taking is very difficult so sealing all the wood seems a good idea to me.

Reply to
Chris Green