Viewing message threads

Aol is a quick fix incorporating all that is worst in tch boards. You get a tiny window (an AOL special) and it takes forever to post (not even Google does that any more.)

You message is wiped as soon as you post and you can neither see where you are going nor where you have been. Also it looks as naff as hell.

I use Mailgate Org but they are not looking for new members. Google posts I make show up on it fine but it loses some of the others and people like Huge show up but the message wont open.

You have to get help with setting up another newsgroup server. I have never been able to suss it out.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

There goes that flying pig.........

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Register an account with 'news.individual.net' then use Outlook Express, or any other newsreader.

Reply to
Sloper

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:08 +0000, Sloper strung together this:

Definitely.

May as well stick with AOL as that's as bad.

Yep, Forte Free Agent works well, and is free!

Reply to
Lurch

(a) If everyone ignored Google posts the people using Google would find another method of posting that doesn't screw things up.

(b) You're right - I've played with the rules and although I can filter a lot of the replies I can't get them all :-(

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ditto Gravity, XanaNews, Thunderbird ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

As is Outlook Express, and I'd hazard a guess that the OP already has it. I used OE for years without a problem - it works fine, and is nothing like the AOL newsreader at all.

I use Mozilla's news and mail reader now though - part of my anti-spam measures.

Reply to
Sloper

Although hideously broken.

FSMVO "works".

Good man.

Reply to
Huge

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:07:45 +0000, Sloper strung together this:

Hmm, depends how you would define 'works well'.

Much better, I've been using it for a while for email.

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Paper2002AD writes

Reply to