Sheds?

Anyone got a "storemore" steel shed? Opinions?

BTW the electric went off here today, due to main under the road cable failure, boards contractors not happy with part p, new colours etc.... So its not just us!

Reply to
Badger

Try uk.rec.sheds, but you may not understand the answer funny bunch in there!

Reply to
9100DN OWNER

Going way off topic here - just curious if you have an infra red thermometer, and whether a mains fault may be detectable due to variance in ground temperature... (you`d obviously have to have a rough idea where the fault was though first)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

In message , Colin Wilson writes

Remaining totally OT then, does anyone have experience of cameras that react to IR, similar to the kit that the fire brigade use for looking for hot spots? Is it the sort of kit that can be found cheaply or DIY'd? Having just purchased one of Maplins IR thermometers, at the pre sale price and used it to check my roof, walls windows etc. I'm beginning to think it could be quite cool (pun?) to see the whole house as heat/cold to figure out which bits need more insulation.

Reply to
Bill

If you mean the real thermal imaging kit that you see used by the milatary etc, then probably not. Not looked recently, but when I used to work for a company that produced that sort of kit, prices of 20K and up for one sensor were not uncomon. A thermal imaging variable zoom telescope (made from polished germanium) cost in excess of 100K!.

There are so called "Thermal" cameras that you can hire to do exactly that job. You tend to get an ordinary B&W TV image form them that is then overlayed using a false colour scale to indicate the temperature.

Loads of examples if you google

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , John Rumm writes

As it has aroused my interest I have just done that. My wallet has instructed me to loose interest!

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Oh well, it was worth asking - they might still be useful for finding switchgear under stress though

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Works well for that, gives you a good idea, of a impending problem with out having the shutdown the site.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

"Badger" wrote | BTW the electric went off here today, due to main under the road cable | failure, boards contractors not happy with part p, new colours etc.... | So its not just us!

AIUI "Suppliers' works" aren't covered by the IEE Regs - so possibly don't have to comply with new colour codes?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

All the new cables supplied are now to new colours, which can make thingsquite interesting when jointing on to old cables.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Yep, they put bands of red yellow and blue ins tape around the outsides to make sure which was which on the new stuff!

Reply to
Badger

You're not kidding either. Whatever it is they're talking about, its not sheds! :(

Reply to
Sloper