Viewing message threads

How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL? "Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you in"

Reply to
Paper2002AD

(1) It's not a board, it's a newsgroup. (2) Get a proper ISP (3) Use a sig separator (4) What software are you using?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Its a Usenet group, not a board and AOL appear to be having problems, not surprising !!. Try using a different news provider like news.individual.net and maybe do some reading on how Usenet works.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

AOL's newsgroup feed isn't working properly at the moment. It's been down for about 6 days now. It happens every now and then but is usually fixed within a day. I guess the delay is because it's happened over the holidays. You can inform them at keyword 'Tell Us'. If enough people do so maybe they'll fix it quicker.

Reply to
Dave Baker

How do you get a Lada to do 150 mph?

Ditch it and get something that works...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think you should rephrase the question to:

"How can I get this board to group threads when viewing in bl**dy AOL?"

(and sorry, I don't know; I normally only say "AOL" in the same sentence as words like "bargepole". QED!

David

Reply to
Lobster

You forgot one;

(5) Get Google to stop breaking the References: header which newsreaders use to correctly display threads.

Reply to
Huge

Give it and a large sum of money to Lotus.

At least, that's what Top Gear did.

Reply to
Huge

Those who live in Glass Houses should not throw stones Thoes who use AOL should not complain.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:38:49 GMT, Lobster strung together this:

What, this board? Or do you mean group?

Reply to
Lurch

He's using AOL lurch, be gentle !!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

I don't think we can blame Google for this one, only Dave Baker (sorry to name and shame) has used Deja to reply to this thread and even then the (singular) reference looks intact to me.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Attach a Space Hhuttle booster to it, light blue touch paper and retire. Look on eBay for engine mounting brackets.

Kat

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:42:06 +0000, Andy Burns strung together this:

For some reason Google seems to leave one reference in, but it screws it up if there are several.

Reply to
Lurch

Ask Eh Oh Hell Inc. to introduce a functional newsreader.

Reply to
Kat

Mm. Maybe the regulars here should all try the same tack by emailing snipped-for-privacy@google.com, to try and get them to fix their their crappy message headers and threading?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Lobster wrote

Why bother? Just filter out anything that originates from Google.

Reply to
Alan

Or killfile people who post through Google Groups so it doesn't mess up the threading :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

I though so, but in this case the google message was a direct reply to the head of the thread so that was all it should have had anyway ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

(a) some useful stuff does emanates from google posters and I'd rather not lose it; and

(b) (more significantly!) filtering will need to be very clever to trap any replies made by 'normal' posters to messages from google posters; so these will appear as 'orphan' threads anyway.

David

Reply to
Lobster