Venetian blind effect on monitor.

I've developed a fault on an LCD monitor which looks like vertical venetian blinds. The number of 'slats' changes with the resolution. Monitor or graphics card? Analogue drive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Probably the monitor - gfx cards fail, but far less frequently than the screens they're attached to.

I've had one gfx card fail* since 1993 (?) but i've had about 5 monitors.

  • it had not been installed for about 4 years, but didn't work when I went to use it as a backup in another machine, so might have been damaged in the "bits crate" it was lashed in.
Reply to
Colin Wilson

Funny, my experience has been the other way round: no monitor failures (not in this way anyway) but several cards giving this symptom!

I suppose there is no access to another monitor or card to check?

Reply to
rrh

Have you changed your display settings lately? This exact same effect can be achieved by setting your display resolution to something other than the LCD's native resolution.

Reply to
Grunff

Ah - coming clean, I'm experimenting with an RGB to VGA convertor. And its outputs are all at 60 Hz. Tried it on another monitor and it's fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)