Broken garage asbestos roof sheet - temp repair?

We're moving into a house with a garage with an asbestos pitched roofs. One of the sheets has had the lower third broken off during recent storms. I don't think insurance will cover this and don't have the money to have the roof replaced right now. Any suggestions as to a temporary repaird?

Thanks. Doug

Reply to
Doug Weller

Car fiberglass/epoxy kit...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Plastic panel of the same profile fitted on top of the broken one? Try to get the plastic one to fit under the lower lip of the 'top' sheet to stop the rain coming in. Mine has been like this for 12 months. hth

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

Are you buying or renting,.if buying then get the seller to put it right.

If you have to do it get a along to a shed and buy the corrugated sheet in black bitumen like material ,cut to size and slip under the existing sheet and screw down this should do as temp repair

Reply to
Alex

And if renting then get the landlord to do it!

David

Reply to
Lobster

This must be a first for uk.d-i-y! No-one has said "don't touch it or you'll die" yet :o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

In message , Bob Mannix writes

I'm just about ready to re-roof a barn, 100' x 25' currently big six asbestos cement. The most likely cause of premature death will be falling off my chair while settling the skip/disposal charge:-(

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

We had some flytipped here last week, contractor charged GBP2.59/kg for disposal!

AJH

Reply to
AJH

In message , AJH writes

Crikey!

I think my last skip was 800 ukp and then a surcharge because I overfilled.

Next time it will be *fitted* with the digger bucket.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb