UPVC Glazing Wedge Gaskets

The beading around my mothers windows keeps coming out. It does seem to be somewhat too long when you push it back in. Have done a lot of googling to see how to fix this. From what I have found these are called Glazing Wedge Gaskets and it seems they should just push in and hold the glass in place. I have no experience with double glazing as I always have box sash windows. Can anyone advise me on this, is some form of adhesive a good idea to stop this or is it likely to make matters worse?

Reply to
Adrian Cotton

Ours just pushes into place. Is it worth shortening it; it may be that if it is a little too long the sideways pressure is pushing it out.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I am sure one of the experts will be along to give the answer. As a non expert I would say measure the beading when out and measure the side it fits into, are they the same dimensions? I would also try with say just the top and bottom beading in and see if it still pops. I dont think adhesive is a good idea as the glass may need replacing at a later stage. It could also be the wrong beading profile. Does it happen with all the windows? Has been properly seated? Mine needed a thump with a rubber mallet until it `clicked` into place.

Reply to
ss

Nowadays, double sided glazing security tape is used instead, as it prevents removal of the glass from the outside.

I think he's referring to the push-in seal on the other side.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel