New double glazing - scratches problem

I am having a new house built. The windows are fitted and the walls have now been plastered both internally and externally.

Looking through my patio doors yesterday, I noticed that there are several scratches on the inside (external) surface of the glass double glazing units. The DG units are 600mm wide x 1750 high.

The house is still most certainly in the hands of the builder and, to date, his men have been very good workmen.

Any suggestions how I should break this news to him??

Peter

Reply to
Peter

"Peter" wrote | I am having a new house built. The windows are fitted and the walls | have now been plastered both internally and externally. | Looking through my patio doors yesterday, I noticed that there are | several scratches on the inside (external) surface of the glass double | glazing units. The DG units are 600mm wide x 1750 high. | The house is still most certainly in the hands of the builder and, to | date, his men have been very good workmen. | Any suggestions how I should break this news to him??

As soon as possible, and gently and firmly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My friends had double glazing fitted to their house, and the inexperienced fitters left scratches on the glass all around the frame due to using a fitting tool incorrectly. My friends insisted all the glass that was scratched was removed and refitted with unmarked new glass. The glazing firm complied.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Erm... how about: "I noticed that there are several scratches on the inside (external) surface of the glass double glazing units"?

Reply to
Lobster

That's it - just treat it as a matter of fact, don't apologise for noticing them, and don't harangue and accuse the builder.

Oh - check they really are scratches, and not something that's marked the surface but can be removed - sometimes happens.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built