problem with (very old) New World gas oven

Dear forum members,

I'm having problems with a New World System One built in gas oven/grill. After the oven has been used the alarm buzzer sounds continuously until the electrical power is switched off. It doesn't always do this, but is becoming more frequent, say every third or fourth occasion the oven is used. It doesn't occur after the grill has been used. I've got the user instruction for the oven. The alarm buzzer is not mentioned. Does anyone know what the alarm is for ? Is is a warning of a gas blockage or other problem ? One of the controls has a push switch with a bell symbol with a cross through it, indicating that this should turn the alarm off - it doesn't work ! Does anyone have any info or even an installation manual for this oven ? It's very old (circa

1990) and although Indesit support this oven no spares or manuals are available.

I've researched prices of replacement gas ovens in case we need to replace this unit. The New World oven is 1000mm high (by 600mm wide). New ovens are 900mm high. Is this likely to be a problem for installation of a new oven.

Any help or advice appreciated !!!

Reply to
alanw