uPVC disaster

Like an idiot I drilled through the frame of a new uPVC door by accident. Is there a better way of hiding the hole than the white silicone I have used? Many thanks.

Reply to
bill

I am a little baffled Bill as to how, by accident, you could drill through a upvc doorframe, perhaps you would ellaborate. My friend had some years ago drilled through his upvc doorframe to put a bell wire through. Last year he took the wire out because his bell finally gave up the ghost and he purchased a wireless bell. The hole, was then covered by a very thin piece of white plastic, fixed on with silicon sealer and ontop of that, he put his house number, bearing in mind it was only in single figures.

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

If it's a small hole, one of those white domed screw covers you get on kitchen units glued in place?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Countersink the hole. Of suitable white PVC, form an accurately fitting plug. Press into hole with a little solvent-weld adhesive, and spin it round so that it's evenly distributed, and then clamp it lightly!! in place. Use a sanding block to take it down to the level using up to 600 grit paper, then finish up with suitable plastic polish.

Me, I'd take a bit of flat PVC, solvent weld it on, then put some sort of decoration on it. Maybe repeat on other side of door (minus hole).

Reply to
Ian Stirling

In message , troubleinstore writes

Hey, my Dad accidentally drilled a hole in his arm.........

Reply to
chris French

Well, several possibilities now, which puts me in a better position than yesterday. Many thanks to all.

Reply to
bill

How big a hole ? Will one of those push fit plugs ones uses to fill up unused holes in kitchen units fit ?

Reply to
G&M

Or tap it with a woodpecker.

Fill the frame with gelignite and insert a touch sensitive fuse in the orifice with a notice for burglars to use for gaining access when you are on holliday.

Increase the insurance on house and contents btw.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil