UPVC Cleaner

My daughter has bought a house and the UPVC window frames and cills are a bit grimey and dull.
What is a good proprietary cleaner to bring back the whiteness. I guess I should avoid anything mildly abrasive like Cif Cream.

You should buy speacial cleaner. They sell it at the sheds and at glazing shops. Ordinary detergents can make the glazing seals go hard.
The problem is that the uPVC is quite porous & the muck/algy gets in the holes. It needs to be waxed after cleaning to seal the tiny holes. The orginal wax finish is eventually degraded by sunlight & has to be redone now & then.
Very tedious job to do it right.
On 29/07/2014 17:29, harryagain wrote:

What sort of wax? Why is it so tedious? How often does it need to be re-done?
--
Rod

I've used Screwfix's No Nonsense uPVC Cleaner with decent results: http://tinyurl.com/pzdtth7
Bert
On 29/07/14 16:34, DerbyBorn wrote:

On the contrary, T-cut or equivalent is exactly what you need to bring gloss back to plastics
Halfords is your friend here.
DerbyBorn wrote:

Bond-It solvent PVCu cleaner gave good results on green tinged grime on my fascia boards ... toolsatan do an equivalent, but I've not used that

A silcon wax is most UV resistant. It's tedious because you have to take care to keep it off the glass as it shows streaky.
http://www.ehow.com/how_8618029_clean-upvc.html

Sandtex do one. There are others.
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:34:35 PM UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

Cream cleaner works.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Hmmm - but doesn't that have a mildly abrasive effect? Which would accumulate over the years, hastening deterioration?
I have a porch, which now, 3 years old, needs a proper clean. I'm inclined, myself, to buy a proprietary cleaner rather than screw up this extremely expensive plastic with a DIY solution (so to speak). Someone here mentioned the Everbuild stuff, which looks cheap enough, thus fulfilling two aims: purpose-made 'stuff', but not ludicrously expensive.
John

An addendum from me: "not ludicrously expensive" only if you buy online, apparently. I went into my local Jewson's this afternoon: they have exactly the same 1lt bottle of Everbuild Solvent uPVC cleaner as sold by www.sealantsandtoolsdirect (for example). Price at the latter: ?3.95 plus carriage. Price at Jewsons: ?8.85 off the shelf. !!
John