Good source for new table saw blade (10 inch)

Table saw blades seem to vary a lot in price and, as well as the blades being of varying quality, I suspect that some retailers are significantly better value than others.
I need to replace the 10 inch (254 mm) blade on my table saw with a new one. Something generic and middle of the road will do; it only has tp replace the one that came with the machine. Would you recommend a good retailer (either a common UK DIY store or an online retailer)?
Similarly, would you recommend a particular saw blade manufacturer or even a specific blade? These must be almost a commodity item.
James
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:29:26 AM UTC+1, James Harris wrote:

ne.

the

er

n a

Bosch blades are good
Gudho
Felder
Leitz
I've used all of these and find them excellent. Google for a local supplier
A little story.
Many years ago I bought a Bosch pull over mitre saw from Axmimster. At the time it came with a special offer of a free blade pack.
After a few years I decided I would change the blade. (I don't find these s aws to be hard on blades) To my surprise I discovered the free blade pack w as of 10" blades whereas my saw was a 12". I queried this with Axminster wh o were equally surprised but for different reason. What I had actually orde red and paid for was the 10" version. Supplying the 12" version was a mista ke on Axminsters part. It was all history at this stage so they let it sit.
I'd sell the bloody things, complete in their purpose made case, except the postage cost would be horrendous
fred wrote:

Wrong sort of tooth geometry for a table saw. They should sell on ebay OK.
On 29/07/2014 11:29, James Harris wrote:

Worth looking at Axminster and ITS London.

On 29/07/14 11:29, James Harris wrote:

Middle of the road and general purpose would be a 42 tooth blade, I use blades from Wealden which are excellent: http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_General_Purpose_Blade_289.html Although the price may be a little more than cheapo blades these blades can be sharpened, so in the long term are no more expensive. Sharpening is about a tenner, for which you get a good as new blade as often as you like. The blade I linked to gives superb results on ply / mdf / particle board, and is also ok for cross-cutting soft and hardwoods.
On 29/07/2014 11:29, James Harris wrote:

Last 2 blades I have bought from Toolstation 1 x Bosch 1 x DeWalt

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I went for one of these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-contract-254mm-tct-saw-blades
Ordered it yesterday afternoon and it arrived today!
James