Unfortunate company name

Is anyone travelling with Delta Airlines these days?

Reply to
Scribbles

They seem to be making the most of the publicity. Good luck to them.

The real question is, why skip the letters in the alphabet to save the Chinese? The released the Virus, we shouldn?t let them forget it.

It is time they were boycotted, assets seized, ?..

Reply to
Brian

Brian snipped-for-privacy@lid.org wrote

They would retaliate by firing all the Heuwai phones and blowing everyone's heads off.

Corse no one would notice in your case.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hey they did not release the virus deliberately, it came from a live animal Market. We are now almost certain of that. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I felt really sorry for a restaurant near Manchester called "Isis". (named after the river in Oxford)

They went out of business during the pandemic.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I go past the Omicron place sometimes (it's about 7 miles away). They say it hasn't affected business!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I used to work with a lady (in the mid 1960s) whose husband's name was Harry Roberts. He got a lot of grief, particularly from the police. And this wasn't him...

Bob Eager

except that the Wuhan Viral Institute was messing about with bat corona virii, so I could just as easily have infected a worker there, who then visited the market.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

How do you know that? I thought that it was made in a lab using "gain of function" methods to see what would happen if it became more virulent. And then escaped. (Common from labs.) Or collected from bats in caves - and then escaped.

Reply to
Max Demian

The main male character in Downton Abbey had a dog called Isis, and the writers/cast/crew had a lot of hate mail at the time that ISIS was an Islamic terrorist organisation.

Reply to
NY

My grandpa taught a certain Donald Nappey (not a name you forget!) who later became notorious as Donald Neilson, the Black Panther (kidnapper of Lesley Whittle (*) and killer of several sub-postmasters).

Thinking of Neil (though not a notorious one) my wife works with a Neil Armstrong who was was born in 1969 and was named after the astronaut.

(*) Not sure whether it was ever decided whether he murdered her or whether she died as an accident while imprisoned under Bathpool Park in Kidsgrove.

Reply to
NY

Any more conspiracy theories? There surely must be many.

I'm certain it was left by a UFO. In preparation for an invasion. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com wrote

Nope, they are genetically very different.

Reply to
John Brown

How on earth would the average hate mail writer find out the address of a crew member to communicate with him or her?

And are people so stupid? Did they rip down signs at the River Isis? Torch all those old Morris cars?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

The slimming appetite-suppressor. I remember those. You don't see them in shop any more. I wonder why? ;-)

Reply to
NY

Some women have the name Isis and have had a lot of problems.

Reply to
Steve Walker

The idea that it could have come from a lab was *originally* regarded as a "conspiracy theory". (What's the difference between a "conspiracy theory" and a "conspiracy"?) Then various scientists decided that it

*might* have come from a lab rather than the "wet market". So the original "conventional wisdom" became the "conspiracy theory". Or something.
Reply to
Max Demian