unFIT solar

Each household should have PV on the roof. And commercial buildings.

Reply to
harry
[21 lines snipped]

Isn't that why some courses are now 4 years, so the Uni can spend the first year teaching the students what they already knew when they arrived, in years gone by?

Reply to
Huge

To a certain extent, that was already a problem when I went up. We had an extra set of courses (i.e., extra to the Physics courses) in the Maths Dept during out first year because there was a lot of stuff we were going to need to know in order to be able to do the Physics, that wasn't taught at A-level Maths. Hmm, I might ask my brother about this issue (he was one of our lecturers in the Physics Dept) but he may not remember, sadly his memory is going these days.

Reply to
Tim Streater

in years goneby, our second year course in one particular subject began with words" Since you've all got A-Level Chemistry, I'll start from there." I had never done any chemistry, A or O. I had to learn fast!

Reply to
charles

One of my courses started with the words "If you have 'A' Level Maths you can leave now." I do and I did.

Reply to
Huge

Even if the roof faces the 'wrong' way?

They were saying that about urban windmills a few years back - that worked well!

Reply to
alan_m

In message , Tim Streater writes

Did you get to get to repeat Millikans experiment? I think my group were a bit overenthusiastic with the oil puffer and we didn't get any worthwhile results let alone determine the electron charge.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've never really understood the parable of the talents.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I don't think we were offered that as a Lab experiment. Shame really, it's what I would call real physics. Conceptually simple, but requiring proper experimental technique and understanding.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Apparently, yes is is ...

"Clay Hill will bid for revenue streams from various tenders ? both Enhanced and Fast Frequency Response, and the Capacity Market ? when ready."

Reply to
Andy Burns

I would have walked out.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I failed my 11+ and was thrown on the scrap heap, so I avoided all that shit.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Sarah Millican? I think she's shit.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It doesn't matter then. Just do it bigger.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

When the craze was on they were putting panels on north facing roofs.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

True, there is one near me. But an East or West facing roof loses 25% of output compared with South.

Reply to
harry

I bet you would do the same in A&E.

Reply to
dennis

A& E was a little mor scary, the heavily bearded islamic gentleman doing blood tests was surly 'they wont allow me to do other stuff'

Reply to
Tjoepstil

Thanks, Bill, but we already know you're a bigot.

Reply to
Huge

Fuck. That's twice today you've posted something I agree with.

She's a younger version of Jo Brand. They both only have one very unfunny "joke"; "I'm fat and men are shit".

Reply to
Huge