TV interference

Just bought a small digital tv for the study. It sits very close to 2 pc's, router , printer etc The DTV reception is good but the analogue is very 'wavy'. I have to change away from DTV to pick up sky from another room (via booster in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and feed down one cable to this tv.

Anything I can do? Many thanks

Peter

Reply to
Peter

router , printer etc

OK, but you won't be needing analogue if you get DTT OK

in the attic). All signals merge at the booster and

Of course the D-SAT from the box in the other room is analogue too, you don't say if that is wavy. Is it?

You mention the IT equipment near to the set, but don't say if you have eliminated it as cause (by switching them off). If it is this equipment you are probably going to have to move the TV away. (can't believe you haven't tried that) You might get some improvement by using a good quality well screened aerial lead and experiment with the routing of the aerial and power cables w.r.t. the other equipment. You will probably need to move it though.

Reply to
Graham.

stop watchuig analouge cos its all on digital which as you say is and I quoyte "good".

Reply to
Colin Trunt

OK I had switched all nearby electrics off with little difference, just wondered if all the pc,s etc may have static that influences. Sky is passed to all other rooms in the house without problem. I suppose I wondered if there was anything that 'cleaned' a signal as it entered the tv. P

Reply to
Peter

Reply to
Peter

Does this new TV work fine in all the other places in the house that other TVs work fine at? Conversely do the other TVs work fine where this one doesn't?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Unfortunately from you post I really have no idea how your TV, cables and equip ment are set up.

To be quiet frank with you, but slightly rude ;O) It sounds like a load of b*llocks. Basically imcomprehensible. I see no reason why you have to not use DTV what so ever. Perhaps you could explain why? It might be better if you assume I am a complete idiot who has to have things spellled out tot them and haas no ability to read your mind, or indeed 'guess' how it is all set up.

Reply to
Colin Trunt