Feeding tv to 7 rooms ?

I have spent some time looking for the answer without success At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb. I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future. I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?), think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ? Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from there ? Can someone recommend a loftbox ?
Regards Jeff

How about this?
http://www.tvlink.co.uk/loftbox.htm
It's not a professional grade system, but might do what you want.
The assumption is that you locate the satellite receiver in one place and use UHF distribution from it. There's a mechanism to control the receiver remotely from an IR handset in any room.
Of course, all of this assumes having just one satellite receiver.
If you want something with the capacity for multiple satellite receivers then you need a quad LNB on the dish (up to 4 receivers) or a multiswitch (for a larger number)
I have a product from Spaun which does this job very well.
http://www.teldis.com/CP-smsmulti-switch.htm
This will distribute satellite as well as terrestrial TV and you can potentially have a separate receiver in each room.
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
scrawled:

You want 2 to the living room for the Sky+ and 1 for the DTT. You then want another back up from there to the loft to feed the Sky back into the distribution amp. I would split the aerial feed in the loft and feed the STB and the amp directly then also add another input to the amp from the Sky return leg.

Inputs as above, for the output side just a single run from the Loftbox to each outlet.

Yes, they are recommended. Used a few myself.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
| I have spent some time looking for the answer without success | At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running | down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb. | I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also | like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future. | I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I | need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?), | think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ? | Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from | there ? | Can someone recommend a loftbox ?
uk.tech.digital-tv is thataway -> there are real experts there, especially Bill.
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk>
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Dave Fawthrop wrote:

His website is well worth a look as well:
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv /
--
Cheers,

John.

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:26:33 +0100,it is alleged that John Rumm

Seconded, (or thirded). If you have the time, poke around his site a little, it not only contains useful information but also hours of entertainment (at least for me).
--
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very
average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something
"John Rumm" wrote :-

Thanks for that , good site
Regards Jeff
Jeff wrote:

Can't answer for sky, but I have a labgear 12 way booster that runs 11 cables for VHF radio and UHF TV/freeview to a bunch of sockets (some double) round teh house, plus a pair of antennae in the loft.
Reception is rock solid, especially on digital.

You don't have the model number handy do you ? and a source ?
Regards Jeff
Jeff wrote:

http://www.labgear.co.uk/pdf/6.pdf I think I have the MSA282. 8 normal outputs and a 'full strength' one that feeds a passive splitter for a couple more via a resitive pad. I got it all from a little dusty shop at the bottom of Milton Road in Cambridge, along with a pair of aerials, and enough cables and connecters and pads, all for about 70.
Which since I had budgeted about 300, made my day...
Of course the antiqued brass socket plates ruined it later...
scrawled:

I've got loads of MK brass co-ax outlets cluttering the shed up, could have had them for a bargain. ;)
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group