triton t80i electric shower problem

Hi, I inherited a triton t80i electric shower when I moved house (I don't know how old the shower unit is) and now I am having some problems with it. The problem is that, when I switch the unit off, water still flows out of the shower head for a few minutes. I have not used the unit since - as I am not sure whether it's broken or not. I have read about this being a 'feature' for Mira electric shower (so that the unit has time to cool off before the water flow is stopped).

My question is - is this the case for my unit (triton t80i) as well or it is well and truly broken.

I thought to get some advice here before I get it fixed/get a new replacement.

Many Thanks in advance

krish

Reply to
pkrishan

Fear not, help is at hand.

I had exactly the same problem with my t80i shower when I moved into my new house.

I contacted the Shower Doctor and he told me it was the Solenoid Valve that neeeded to be replaced.

is item 4 on the above link.

I can't remember exactly how much it was but it wasn't overly dear.

Hope that helps

Reply to
the_constructor

I have no suggestions but FYI the Triton website is

Tony Bryer

Thanks for the reply. I read in this NG that this is a common problem with the triton. How easy is it to be replaced? I mean is the part easily removed/replaced or one has to remove few other parts to be able to replace this item.

Many Thanks again

krish

Reply to
pkrishan

I fitted an electric shower for my MIL which carried on running when switched off. I had the bloody thing apart three times before I eventually read the instruction book, which said it was meant to run on for a while.

Can't recall what make it was, but some showers are designed to to exactly this. Get in touch with Triton.

Unlikely to be the solenoid IMO.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm sure in the FAQ's on the Triton site I read a Q+A that said some showers do run on a bit after being switched off and the reason is so that anyone using the shower immediately after doesn't get hit with a slug of hot water when they switch it on . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart