Totally off topic.....*Toilet hygeine*

A person I know says (in his words) "I chucked our toilet brush out ages ago"

He the went on to say, the *toilet* "It is cleaned with bleach, bathroom cleaner and disinfectant using kitchen roll. Gloves are worn and disposed of."

Does anyone else go through this regime every time they do a No.2?

I think it is verging on OCD behaviour. He thinks not.

Opinions?

Reply to
Bod

The cleaning regime seems fair enough - toilet brushed are natural breeding grounds for disease. Dip them in shit then keep them in a tub? Not the most hygenic.

Using that regime every day (or more than once a day) does semm a bit OTT.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Bod

Nope. Just once a lifetime whether it needs it or not. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Bleach is useless for cleaning toilets.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bollocks.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

because...

Reply to
usenet2012

Good for cleaning your bollocks!!?

Reply to
Bod

What would you use bleach for Bod? Or, don't you buy it?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Don't buy it nor need it. Before you say it, our loo is sparkling clean.

Reply to
Bod

It's also useless for cleaning those. And painful I suspect.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The inside of a WC is a smooth, glazed surface, which makes it very difficult for soiling to stick to. A detergent & a brush will shift any residues.

Problem occurs in hard water areas of limescale (a rough surface) building up, giving the dirt somewhere to lodge & bacteria to multiply.

Bleach kills the bacteria (until next use) and removes the discoloration, but it doesn't remove the limescale - so the cycle continues.

All you need to keep a toilet clean & hygienic is regular use of a mild detergent & a brush and periodic application of a limescale remover.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Totally agreed. That's exactly what we do.

Reply to
Bod

And while we are on the subject, the lifting of the toilet seat does concern me. This is a surface that falls into TMH's category of a rough surface and yet every time I have a pee I am expected to lift it and then drop it back down.

Reply to
robgraham

Nah, once a year whether it needs it or not.

Reply to
brass monkey

Yup agree, I mean it must depend on how messy you are I guess, if its that bad maybe he needs to see a doctor!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't do that *ever*

And I'm surprised that Bill still has the agility to climb up on the worktop to.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The trick is to make sure you use someone else's sink.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Although if you are a bottle blond, may help make the collar match the cuffs ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Is the kitchen roll also disposed of, or does that get washed, dried, and re-used?

Reply to
Jules Richardson