Totally off topic.....*Toilet hygeine*

Angle grinder will get the limescale off!!!!

Reply to
Stephen H

Almost certainly loo seat. Dishcloth probably the dirtiest.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Stephen H writes

Is this urban myth? The order is, (starting at cleanest), b then a then c.

Reply to
usenet2012

Depends dunnit really. Earlier this year we had a family get together in a pub in a largish village in lets say western Kent. The buffet food was put out in what was a warm room (inglenook fireplace) and left.

Five of us got food poisoning from that (out of about 20), although it took some 30 hours to develop.

Reply to
Tim Streater

.eternal-september.org>,

Caterers treat food in very different ways from "normal" folk preparing food at home. I can only recall episodes of gut rot from takeaways or restaurants.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Might just as easily have been one of the guests is a dirty bastard.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Re-cycled toilet paper, innit?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Having seen the low standards of food hygiene for event catering[1], and bearing in mind that it's unlikely that a "dirty bastard" could affect the food in this way, I'd blame the pub.

[1] Food prepared 24 hours in advance and left at room temperature, staff picking ants off buffet food prepared in advance, raw and cooked meat and fish mixed on the same cutting boards - all at different events.
Reply to
Steve Firth

That reminds me of those studies suggesting that office toilets are less germy than desks & computers.

theory is that if we ate sandwiches in the loo, the germs would follow.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I've always thought so --- swish them off in cold water (in the toilet) then park them in the corner in a pot with no drain.

I agree. If I see something (!) stuck to the pan, I wipe it off with TP, flush that (with the lid closed --- see elsewhere in the thread), & wash my hands properly.

Reply to
Adam Funk

In message , Tim+ writes

Three years living in Indonesia living a "normal "life (not questioning where the ice came from or what the salad had been washed in) and, outside the first two weeks, the only time I was sick was from some prawns that were stuck to their shells

You want to stay healthy?

Get plenty of low grade nasties

Reply to
geoff

What do you expect in a boarding school?

Reply to
PeterC

Something similar happened to us after a wedding reception a couple of years ago: we all went down with 'food poisoning' within 24 or so hours.

Environmental Health went into the hotel and took samples and asked us for stool samples. The 'food poisoning' turned out to be Norovirus kindly provided by one of the children present.

One of the few recorded cases then. Nobody knows how common this bug is, but I don't know anyone who hasn't had it at some point. It's certainly quite a clever little virus because it always seems to leave one person alone so that they can nurse the rest

Reply to
stuart noble

Does novovirus cause diarrhoea as well as vomiting?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes, both ends at the same time!

We obviously got the less kind strain as it spared no-one. The bride and groom flew to the eastern Mediterranean with it the next day. A little irresponsible, as it turned out, but they thought it was food poisoning.

Just sit on it like the ladies do. It also eliminates any "overspray" and back splash and is just as quick.

Reply to
nobody

What ? You never get a shitty bowl? Either you have a peculiar diet or use a power washer to flush your toilet.

Reply to
fred

power washer to flush your toilet.

"regular use of a mild detergent & a brush".

Bleach would do nothing to help clean a shitty bowl.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman