TOT: Message of Good Cheer (2023 Update)

If we have the courage to fight, yes it will. But the leftist media (the BBC mostly) brainwash people into just letting it happen without a fight. They call it social cohesion.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Because, obviously, cohesion is SO much worse than bigotry, intolerance, discrimination and hatred, isn't it?

Reply to
Adrian

Thats it, always look on the Bright side of life I say!

Over the many centuries arguments and wars over beliefs which in fact are all both unlikely to be true and of little merit to todays civilisation have been rife. Was it not one of our monarchs who destroyed monasteries etc. Then there were the Crusades where right, apparently was on the Christian side. If we could actually see the real truth of our perceived existence then none of this would actually matter much.

I think much as with Global Warming we seem not to appreciate that things change on a scale longer than our lifetimes, and we need to think of the next or many generations ahead for keeping humanity going. So whatever actually happens, assuming we do not all die out, things will change and change again. Half the problem is the beliefs held and the inability of one social group to appreciate another thinks differently. As Einstein said. Remember your humanity forget the rest.

I'm not over optimistic though, as humans seem to be able to find a reason to fight and put down each other very easily. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I won't argue with you.

Reply to
Richard

On this point he's closer to my thinking than you are and I reckon that he's speaking for a larger proportion of the population than you are.

Reply to
Richard

So bigotry is perfectly OK just so long as there's a lot of bigots?

Reply to
Adrian

You are a member of the Thought Police AICMFP.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Its called culture when it is.

Take the case of Islam. They have (by western standards - esp. the fundamentalists) a massively immoral stance on telling the truth and a unbelievably chauvinistic attitude towards women.

In their own culture, it's not bigotry, its normality.

And if we don't respect it is us who are the bigots.

Apparently.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are simply guessing about this - same as everyone else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The whole point of bigots is they never stop - even if (gawd forbid) they got their wish.

Get rid of Moslems (or whatever) and they'd then move on to Jews. And Catholics. And Wee Frees. Etc. Until only they are left.

But then you get at least as many bigoted Moslems (or whatever) as in any other culture or creed.

What we really need is bigots who target bigots to extinction.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And the relevance of this is *what* precisely, in relation to what is being put forward by TNP? Do avoid moving the goalposts.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No. I am basing it on real life experience. The majority of people who I have come into contact with over the years display a racial bias. They do not go around demanding extinction, but their preference is for people of a similar ethnic background. The people who do the guessing are those with a utopian vision of humanity.

Reply to
Richard

I think we all associate with people we perceive to have the same beliefs as ourselves. Even more so within ethnic groups themselves.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I prefer good looking people to ugly ones, to look at. Probably most do.

But I don't feel the need to publicise this on a DIY newsgroup. Or attempt to get others to act on my likes or dislikes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Train spotters should stick together.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes you do. You attack people who voice an opinion by immediately labelling them racists, bigots or whatever tag you can find in an attempt to vilify them.

Reply to
Richard

I don't know what's happened to Dave recently. He's become increasingly angry and bitter in the last year or so, to the extent that I killfiled him a while ago. Pity, really, because he was a quality poster.

Reply to
Huge

People are generally pretty nice if they have a bit of money. If they haven't, they're trouble. And If they have no hope of ever having any money, a percentage will become violent

Reply to
stuart noble

I attack 'people who voice an opinion'? Must 'do an attack' on pretty well every thread on every newsgroup I read, then.

Must admit to wondering why racist bigots are obviously so ashamed of being that, though. And why they feel the need to constantly bleat about it everywhere - like some deranged evangelist.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OK, I should have said 'an opinion which deviates from the liberal left agenda'.

Hey, feel free to label me as you wish. I am not ashamed of being a white British straight male. You, on the other hand, seem to be a prime example of a soft headed person who has had the his dignity eroded by political correctness.

Reply to
Richard