"No see" parking.

My problem is a busy road leading to traffic lights just isn't capable of s upporting rush hour traffic; and I live on it. Across said road is a car pa rk, (try parking on said road at rush-hour. I once got cut off by someone o vertaking me mid park!)

I approach the junction from a smaller through-road to a crossroads adjacen t to the lights one. No real problem, you just wait for oncoming traffic fr om the right to stop whilst the lights change.

Except about 1:2 drivers on the other side of the road are incapable of not blocking the junction of the crossroad I am using.

Several times I put the headlights on main beam, cross half the road and wa it for moron(s) to get out of the way or reverse back the 2 feet that might make my life easier.

One stupid woman was incapable of doing this without me supplying lots of a udience participation. She finally managed to reverse her humvee back about 18 inches of the two or three available feet. And then had the cheek to ad vise me of her presence after a successful navigation of a rather tight cha nnel.

She'd gone before I could give her a spare piece of mind. The traffic hold up is due to the narrowness of the road holding up people who could quite e asily negotiate a run straight through or a left turn if it wasn't for the mass of road blocking debris aka left turning divvies.

Short of mounting a .50 calibre gun, or getting the local council to conver t our streets into a large one way system (and co-incidentally double yello w line/parking-meter our street) what else can I do but blare away electron ically and biologically. (I'd like access to a JCB, just thinking about tha t form of redress tends to restore tranquillity.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You should live near a major attraction like Chessington World of adventure on a holiday weekend then.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Link to the actual page, and you get the mouseover punchline, too...

Adrian

Saw this just after a visit to the local station (where I wasn't actually parking, just dropping something off).

The central canopy has six parking places in front, 'end' on to the little island which forms the base of he canopy pillars. These are 'short term'. Let's number these 1 to 6, from the left.

I arrive to find a Galaxy parked sideways across spaces 4 to 6, thus occupying three spaces; locked and empty. There is a properly parked car in space 1.

Bad enough; I was there a while and nothing changed. Until a bloody big Merc arrives, and parks straddling the line between spaces 2 and 3! So, three cars in six spaces.

I despair.

(if the Galaxy had not been occupying the 'end' space, i'd have parked in front of it, forcing it to reverse to get out. I've done that before and the driver got quite vocal, just because they had to reverse...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Or as hospital every day of the week and twice on Saturday nights.

Hard to believe the infrastructure just off a major motorway. Imagine the b usiest motorway in Europe when a car crash breaks down near a local junctio n and a three lane highway that is one of the most overworked in the world suddenly becomes terraced house lined back-streets until the M 6 is cleared and several hours of back-up clears.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Ta.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Back when I used to have a Land Rover Defender, if some idiot in a carpark parked over the white lines, I'd occasionally squeeze the Defender into the remaining space next to them.

I'd then climb over the seat, exit through the rear door and leave them to work out how they were going to get into their car when they found they couldn't get the doors open.

Reply to
matthelliwell

Class act sir!

Reply to
Tim Watts

I did that too! In my case a 1952 SWB Landie.

Reply to
Bob Eager

What you need to do is either get a life, or live somewhere quieter.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Why spend money when a strand of thread from a roll of gaffer tape works just as well. Can run the full length of the car as well...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The width of parking spaces varies as well. Supermarkets with a predominantly farming/rural customers have wider spaces than those in towns/cities. I also have a feeling that the gap between rows of bays is less in townie areas.

Yep, I have seen that happen.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I sense the master has spoken...

;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

DAMHIKT ... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have always believed this is an offence and liable to police prosecution.

As a consequence I use those sticky backed document envelopes and make sure they do not obstruct the drivers vision. Top, rear of driver's window is favourite.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I'm just reoeating what was said. Of course, such advisory note was printed on the paper!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Talking to yourself getting lonely. was it?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Huh?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

In my case it is a mild attempt at punishment. The current laws concerning parking on private land are not effective.

Sticky glue on a relatively safe part of a window does remind the driver that they have annoyed someone without encouraging a response.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In article , Tim Lamb writes

It seems a reasoned and proportionate response but on a purely technical basis it would constitute criminal damage, in England and Wales at least.

It doesn't need to be permanent or be in any way damaging but the application of anything that impairs the function of any item (including temporary limitation of visibility through an unimportant window) could be viewed as such.

I'm not suggesting you stop doing it[1], just be aware and try to avoid 'ticketing' the cars of off duty coppers or barristers as only such as those would be likely to have the knowledge to force the issue.

Plus, when all else fails, deny, deny, deny . . . . .

[1] and indeed, power to you
Reply to
fred