TOT: escaped salmon

Not the same thing. Because T i m wont eat it, the demand goes down and so the price goes down so we end up eating MORE of it.

Ditto with boycotts. One lone nutter in a dirty raincoat boycotting Uber taxis doesn't really make any difference to anything.

That is why minorities organise themselves into violent vociferous 'direct action' groups.

In reality vegetable lives matter just as much as black lives, but there is more money to be made pushing racism...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Correction, he's regurgitated the propaganda from some source without thinking about the absurdity.

Reply to
Richard

So, still no sensible replies ...

So, still no sensible replies ...

Yes, they were very sad. Sad for what though as they were going to die anyway?

BS

Nope, just not playing your silly games.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You're quite right - I get the fairly strong impression that T i m isn't that deep a thinker, but is more of a knee-jerker.

Reply to
Spike

Bingo. Spike / Burt isn't interested in an open minded discussion, he's a troll just keen trying to argue black is white.

Every single person that stops buying *anything* is likely to impact the entire supply chain. When enough people do so it can cause suppliers to 'wake up' and make changes (dairy's going into plant based milks), or shut up shop (blacksmiths).

It works the other way round as well, like the massive success of the Greggs vegan sausage rolls and buns that have made them a fortune, sufficiently that they were offering their staff bonuses off the back of it!

That's why you are now seeing more and more TV adverts for 'vegan' friendly foods because it's a massive and fast-growing market and any supplier with it's ear to the ground will be reacting to that.

So (and this is the irony), Hellmanns are no advertising their 'Vegan mayonnaise and of course it could also be eaten by vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike.

There are loads of products out there that were already 'vegan' that the omnivores eat without any issue.

It's just that now is the right time for veganism to work and just as well, the way we are going with unsustainable resource consumption and pollution etc.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You really are thick / in denial aren't you Burk? Do you think I'm the only vegan out there?

Check out the stats (with sources), that should give you plenty of things to try to pick holes in.

Of course it will. 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction'.

Aww, bless.

You are both stupid and pathetic, troll.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

At last, you admit that your quoted:

"It can take 1 pound or more of fish from the ocean to produce 1 pound of farmed salmon or sea bass."

is BS

Thanks, as you say - for playing.

Reply to
Richard

Don't flatter him. I bet it stops well short of the knee.

Reply to
Richard
<snip>
*Exactly* the same thing.

Till the suppliers have used up all their 'end of line' sale stock and go bust or do something else.

Well, they will, but millions doing it (and they are) will make a big and ever growing difference.

Yup, to get those too blind to see to wake up to the madness, as *IS* happening worldwide.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Fuck, you're nuts.

Reply to
Richard

Ah! A depersonalisation technique. It's obvious your arguments have been found wanting.

You were talking about what *you* did, not what others did. Do keep up.

That's Physics, you moron, not vegan evangelism.

So, you don't actually know if you are saving any fish at all!

You really have been taken for a ride, haven't you.

Reply to
Spike

Ah, you're back-pedalling already. You were talking about what *you* did, and by now you've realised that it has no effect whatsoever; so you are now shifting the goalposts.

<sidestapping snipped>
Reply to
Spike

I wouldn't have expressed it quite like that, but it's spot on.

Reply to
Spike
<snip more Spike / Burk sock trolling>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

Bwhahaha. Yeah, of course. Prove why what I said isn't the case then.

Never heard of 'butterfly effect'?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That's Chaos Theory - singularly appropriate considering how the contents of your posting jump about all over the place as you try to justify the unjustifiable.

Reply to
Spike

Ah! A depersonalisation technique. It's obvious your arguments have been found wanting.

Reply to
Spike

Burt, why did you check up on Paul, Burt? Thanks, Burt.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Burt?s calling people names now, which means he?s getting angry, which means he?s gotten to.

Tim, as soon as Burt starts swearing or name-calling, you know you?ve won the argument. He?ll forget which sock he?s wearing soon and totally drop a bollock.

Reply to
Stephen Cole
<snip>

I wonder what other facts you end up ignoring because of your cognitive dissonance?

You kill animals to eat (behaviour) and continue to do so, even though you are aware that doing so causes them pain and suffering (cognition).

You wouldn't hit a dog for any reason (hopefully) but you can actually kill a lamb, just for the pleasure you get eating them (even though it's immoral to do so and you know it causes the animal pain and suffering).

You have stated previously that you would like to get your hands on some of the people in the video footage I've highlighted who were blatantly abusing animals but you allow yourself the 'dissonance' / disconnection to take that feeling / logic / compassion to completion because of your conditioning.

But if you don't understand it all (and I'm not suggesting I do), it can be confusing and even to those who think they are doing good:

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m