No cedar, PTL for Salmon plank on the BBQ?

Death could be a side effect. Nice troll David.

Reply to
CW

I would think the nasty fungicides/chemicals in pressure treated lumber precludes its use in food preparation.

Enoch Root

Death could be a side effect. Nice troll David.

Reply to
CW

Don't you have any minnows for bait David? Salmon's pretty big and expensive to be using for that purpose.

Cedar planked Salmon, yum!

Mark & Juanita

Evening all,

A friend of mine told me about doing Salmon on a Cedar plank on the BBQ, and that it was quite tasty.

I don't have any cedar scraps around the shop right now. The last deck I made was from pressure treated lumber. Since both are used for decks, do you think I will have any problems using PTL planks to cook my Salmon on?

Thanks,

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

None at all, should be quite tasty.

Reply to
Locutus

No problem..and if you dont eat all the salmon, it'll 'keep' for 30 years, just like the PTL

Reply to
Rudy

You can use PTL but the fish will wind up looking like Tammy Faye.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Of course if you EAT the fish you too would wind up looking like Tammy Faye!

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

If it's a Chinook Salmon caught in Lake Erie the PTL may help neutralize the chemicals the salmon pick up from the lake.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Should be okay. Make sure you baste it in Cuprinol whilst cooking.

Personally, I have never planked a salmon...but there is this cute sheep...alas, I have said too much.

Reply to
Robatoy

I have planked before, but not with cedar, I have used mesquite and cooked steaks on it. You have to soak the wood for a day or so and keep it wet/moist while cooking. Really makes the steaks taste great.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

That's a good way to prepare carp, too.

Except you throw the fish away afterwards and eat the plank.

Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Good troll, Older PTW used arsnic a one of the chemicals. Tasty fish.

Reply to
Thomas Adams

I only use Trex. You never know what they may have actually used for PTL.

Plus, what doesn't melt can be used for smoking later.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

That stuff is dangerous. Use hemlock instead. LOL. Nice job David.

squeamishly, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Somebody help me with this hole in my lip?

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Better go trolling for that fish first, then come back and ask the question again.

Reply to
lwasserm

*sigh* You are obviously WAY* behind in your continuing education requirements for maintaining rabbinical currency.

That material is to be used *only* in the preparation/cooking of infant goat meat. This has been _well_known_ for many years. To wit:

"Silly rabbi, Trex is for kids."

"Oh. Cedar makes your life easier."

"You may think its butter, but its snot."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi