TOT Electric cars will be cheaper to run

ITYWF the qualifying age has been the same as the [female] state pension age since winter 2010-11 (but the policy was announced in 1999 when the decision to align sate pension ages was announced and the legislation changed in 2009).

And the amount is up to £300 (for an over-80 household).

Reply to
Robin

bloody ell

2000 pounds per year just for heating
Reply to
tim...

Well it's published every year.

That's the equivalent of £4 per week and hasn't been increased since its introduction

A bit stupid

These are the avoidable deaths.

Reply to
bert

No age group has an exclusive claim to poverty.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Poor people are often not allowed to have Dds so again don't get the cheapest deals.

Reply to
bert

Under the "simplified" new flat rate state pension which is neither simple nor flat rate there are transitional arrangements so that no one is worse of than they would have been under the old state pension system. The majority of pensioners are under the old system which included SERPS and for some Graduated income which are related to earnings.

Reply to
bert

Perhaps to avoid confusion with pensions paid by the state to its employees.

Reply to
bert

Women get credits for time raising children.

Reply to
bert

Private Eye is published more frequently than that. I don't believe everything I could read in that, either.

No doubt there are some, but I doubt that a large proportion of excess winter deaths are due to hypothermia.

It would suit some people if they were, of course.

Reply to
JNugent

You don't get colds from being poor.

Reply to
JNugent

Possibly. But ISTR that we usually hear that as "public sector pensions", often with the phrase "gold-plated" attached somewhere.*

[* Every time I type the word "attached" for the first time in a post, Thunderbird becomes anxious that I may have forgotten to attach an attachment.]
Reply to
JNugent

Gordon Brown you mean? Only 25 years.

Andy