Tooth brush to razor socket connection problem

I have been given a new electric toothbrush. The problem is the the socket I use is for electric razor while the new toothbrush has a standard UK plug. Apart from cutting off the plug and joining it to a razor plug has any one any suggestions please? the plus and toothbrush charger is moulded.

Reply to
Broadback

Would a travel adapter (UK 3-pin in, europlug out) work?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Is the 13A plug original, or has someone changed it? If original, the appliance isn't for use in a bathroom (which would be rather stupid). Maybe it's intended to be charged outside the bathroom, but uses internal battery when in use?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes it is a bathroom product. What is need is the opposite of this: Would a travel adapter (UK 3-pin in, europlug out) work

Reply to
Broadback

We charge ours in another room.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Then use the charger in a 13 amp socket elsewhere. It doesn't need charging each time it's used.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a small switch (which I use for a couple of workstations, so is handy and non-critical) which was supplied with a wall wart using a UK adaptor which sticks out so much that the rather heavy PSU tends to lever it out of the socket. It is still unstable even with copious duct tape, so if I had bought it for a more remote, high-reliability use (upstairs or in a cupboard) I would have probably thrown it away as not reliable enough. So I don't think the adaptor as afterthought is necessarily an adequate solution to make it of merchantable quality for use in this country.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but if you're looking for a UK 3-pin to continental 2-pin adaptor, then try this (ignoring the USB outlets)

Chris Hogg

I know this isn't going to help, but I don't suppose there's any chance it has one of those plugs where you open it up, and there's a two-pin plug inside a special adapter? I suppose it's unlikely, if you say it's moulded. TBH, I've only ever seen two of these in my life, and have no idea if they are common, or if I've bought 'unusual' stuff. And they may only be for normal continental two pin plugs, as opposed to the slightly different shaver plug.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Hang on a bit. Would you care to define what you mean by "standard UK plug"? Everyone assumed you were referring to a 3-pin 13 amp plug with square pins, but it now looks like you mean a plug with 2 round pins. Which is it?

If the latter, you can easily find a shaver adapter which plugs into a

3-pin 13 amp socket and has an outlet for a 2-pin round plug - like
Roger Mills

I agree. It should last for days between charges and there is no need to charge in the bathroom (unless of course the stress and anxiety of having to transport a heavy toothbrush from one room to another would be too much, in which case you could always arrange trauma counselling).

Reply to
Scott

Mine works better when fully charged, and in any case has a euro (or whatever) two pin plug that fits the shaver socket and is 12 years old or so.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Can you not simply have the thing on charge in the next room. It would not be needed to be used near water. I suspect that the charger may not be proof against water either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If there is somewhere to put the charge close to your razor socket one of these might work:

Though I do dislike electrical appliances in a bathroom.

Electric tooth brushes will likely last a few days between charges. At one place I just charge my Brawn toothbrush during the daytime but not at night.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Michael Chare wrote in news:oc8di4$p13$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It could be tinsel wire which is a sod to work with.

I am confused - is the OP confusing Plugs and Sockets?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Do note that the item is an EU plug and not a UK shaver plug and may not fit the shaver socket.

Reply to
dennis

Searching ebay for 5 amp 2 pin plug produced this 2nd had object:

There are also various round bakelite examples.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Half a century ago I'd have suggested going down to Woolworth's and buying a 2 pin (five amp) plug. But we missed the boat on that one.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

However, the equivalent 3 pin plugs are available on ebay

Reply to
Michael Chare

Just to make it clear. My toothbrush was supplied with a three pin UK square plug. I wish to plug it into my shaver socket which is a two pin round socket. I have no intention of moving the charging of my toothbrush from the bathroom to elsewhere as that would be inconvenient. So I have bitten the bullet and cut the plug off the new toothbrush and the plug off the old one and joined them with a good quality connector. I did want to avoid this as it negates the guarantee. So fingers crossed that the new toothbrush does well. Thanks for all the help but the problem is now solved!

Reply to
Broadback