OT Wahl razor problem

I have a Wahl 'Bump Free' razor a few months old. I can't get the head off to clean it out. I press the button on the side of the razor but the head doesn't loosen enough to remove. All I see is a fine crack between it and the rest of the razor appear when I push the button. I suspect my arthritic hands are not pressing hard enough. Can't think of a solution. Considered a large pair of channel-lock pliers but I'm afraid I'll likely damage something, even if I use a towel or something between the jaws and the razor.

Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

A neighbor with stronger hands?

I bough a Wahl trimmer but it's not bump-free. In fact it includes 20 free bumps.

But I haven't had occasion to try to take it apart yet. In fact I didn't know you could, or maybe this model you can't. Maybe mine is for trimming beards and yours is for shaving.

Reply to
micky

If possible - try a little pressure - in the opposite direction - on the head assembly - as you depress the release button < to ease the tension on it >

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Not sure but you say button and I thought it might be buttons on both sides to just grab and squeeze.

Reply to
Frank

micky snipped-for-privacy@rushpost.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, mine's for shaving, not trimming.

Reply to
KenK

Frank snipped-for-privacy@frank.net wrote in news:r7cou2$rnd$ snipped-for-privacy@esteban.tulanet.com:

This razon just has one button. Instructions say press button and the head comes off.

Reply to
KenK

not sure if this is Ken's model :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Maybe using a pen or something similar would help assuming there is only the one button.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I see - press button and pull head. I have an el cheapo battery screen razor where head just pulls off.

Reply to
Frank

Looks like a single protruding button on the side releases the head. Perhaps try to use the eraser end of a pencil and push on the button while shaver is on it's side on the counter.

Reply to
Hawk

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yep, that's it.

Reply to
KenK

Dean Hoffman snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net wrote in news:r7cpkp$c06$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Didn't think of that! I'll give it a try. Perhaps I can put more pressure on the button that way.

Reply to
KenK

KenK snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote in news:XnsABA351A913086invalidcom@

130.133.4.11:

Tried it this morning. Pressed button down even with side of razor. Wouldn't go down any farther. Head still wouldn't come off. I think there's something wrong with the release mechanism.

I emailed Wahl support last week. Still no response. Guess who's never going to buy another Wahl product! I may try sending them a letter - but if they chose to ignore the email...

Reply to
KenK

Removeable batteries ? ... maybe they want you to remove the battery <s> before removing the shaving head ? ... some kind of interlock .. Just a thought. My little Wahl trimmer cost me about $ 12. ~ 20 years ago - it uses a single AA battery that lasts for months ! I've dropped it on the floor a few times ... no problem with the brand from my standpoint. John T.

Reply to
hubops

KenK snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote in news:XnsABA56F7EEC3Cinvalidcom@

130.133.4.11:

I am sending them a letter today. If I don't solve this problem soon the razor will stop working because the head is filled with hair clippings. Then ~$40 down the drain. I'll probably go back to my old Norelco.

Frankly, I'll be surprized if I get a successful response. Or any response.

Reply to
KenK