Oral B Electric tooth brush chargers?

Why do they no longer make wall mounted ones? I have been using the same charger through several toothbrushes as shelf mounted is a no no for me.

Reply to
Broadback

Can't yuo put a little shelf on the wall for it ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

And glue it to the shelf. The problem with all kinds of charger these days is their instability, ie how easy it is to knock them over. Incidentally anyone come across this high pressure water jet gizmo for cleaning between teeth for those who cannot be bothered with that disgusting floss stuff.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

My wife bought me one a couple of months back - a Kratax. Lasted about 6 weeks before refusing to charge up.

If you get one you'll soon learn. Make sure you know where the one/off button is. Don't turn it on before you've put the nozzle in your mouth. Make sure the nozzle is pointing to your teeth and not down the back of your throat. Make sure your mouth is fully shut then work out how to let the excess dribble out into the wash basin. Be careful with the strong setting especially if you have any sensitive teeth.

Mine did a reasonable flush whilst it was working but it doesn't get in hard like floss. Have you tried the Plackers flossers? Much easier than those reels.

Intentionally top-posted for this OP.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I use stick back velcro on both the shelf and the item to be fixed.

Yes, WaterPik water flossing. It works well but be aware that at times you may be spraying water from your mouth to the surroundings.

I have a mains powered one with a tank and long flexible tube but it can be inconvenient to site with no mains plugs in the bathroom. I'm considering buying a cordless battery unit but this has the disadvantage of having a much smaller water tank possibly requiring multiple refills per session.

You may also find it strange or uncomfortable the first time you use it but this feeling wears off over a week or two.

- mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk

Reply to
alan_m

Water picks: I have had a Panasonic rechargeable for years, it works OK but dentists reckon it is not as effective as floss and/or interdental brushes. It's not bad for removing food debris. The pany has three pressures, I can't use it on high and normal is sometimes painful if gums are a bit inflamed.

Reply to
newshound

Wasn't Boris J trying to flog 3 of them or did they go for scrap in the end. I heard that they had a large tank of water too :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article <qr8c3a$lki$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Broadback snipped-for-privacy@j-towill.co.uk> writes

I did ask them a year or two ago and they told me it was due to an EU regulation/directive/rule. (Honest - I might still have the e-mail to prove it).

Reply to
bert

Except that you put it all after his sig, so sensible newsreaders fail to auto-quote it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I use TeePees which are much more effective than floss, once you get used to them.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I can't understand why they don't supply them fitted with Europlugs, which would be perfectly serviceable in the UK (with a shaver adapter) and useful in mainland Europe as well.

Reply to
Scott

Europlugs don't fit shaver adapters (the pins are wider spaced and are tapered)

Andy Burns

mine is, admittedly it's a few years old,

Reply to
charles

I have never seen any adapter that does not accept a range of plugs in the same way as the shaver socket shown in your link does.

Reply to
Scott

My (decades old) shaver adapter won't take a europlug, maybe you have a "deathdaptor"

Reply to
Andy Burns

No, just the standard one:

Is yours fitted with a 1 Amp fuse?