Numatic Henry turbo brush repair

Just thought I'd relate this, as I was surprised the spares were available.
The air-operated turbo brush on the Henry works tolerably well. Mainly, elder son uses it - he rarely fixes or even notices much!
I came to use it a few days ago and the brush roller was jammed solid. I had to dismantle it completely to get the wrapped round hairs, muck etc. out.
Even the, the brush didn't spin freely. It has metal pins either end that seat into holes in soft plastic bearings (polypropylene or similar). Neither moved well. One was OK once cleaned out, but on inspection it looked as if the other had overheated to the point where hairs, etc. had melted into the plastic. It would *not* spin freely.
To my amazement, new bearings are available at £1.39 plus postage. It now works well again!
On 23/02/2018 09:02, Bob Eager wrote:

The Henry range is brilliant.
Plain, simple, no nonsense.
Parts are cheap and you can get it apart to fix it.

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:33:21 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

I was more surprised that you could get parts for a separate *accessory*.
On 23/02/18 10:03, Bob Eager wrote:

Its simply an attitude. Because every single component to make any part of a Henry is on a shelf in store at Numatic, the decision as to whether to sell them as spares and at what price is simply marketing.
Numatic have taken the revolutionary and old fashioned approach towards customer service, which is to regard customers as something to be served, not duped into parting with cash for shoddy products that break one second out of warranty and cannot be dismantled.
Yes, smartphone, I am looking at you....

I've given up on air driven brushes after a vax I had reduced the suck so much it was usless when the brush was used. Brian
--
----- -
On 23/02/2018 11:39, Brian Gaff wrote:

Air driven brushes on the Henry are not without problems with picking up large items which can jam the turbine rotor but I find them useful.
However, owning a Henry and seeing how well the brush worked I purchased a VAX branded air driven brush for another cleaner that it normal kept and used up-stairs - what a heap of crap. The brushes spin but don't extend more than a thou' beneath the bottom of the fitting so they don't actually brush/beat the carpet, and yes, the airflow is much restricted when used.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Friday, 23 February 2018 14:10:13 UTC, alan_m wrote:

Air driven brushes are seldom worth the space they take up
NT
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 14:10:10 +0000, alan_m wrote:

I've a bagless, mains, Hoover upright. I chose it as it had a 'pet' head(?!) that's air driven. It spins very well - until it's on a surface, then it slows right down or stops. The hose is corrugated (very lossy) and the suction gets less and less as the hose is stretched, of course. I put the 'turbo'-head on the Nilfisk cannister, full hose and a tube. I felt that full AG/chainsaw PPE would be a good idea! Watch out pets, your heads are at risk!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 09:02 23 Feb 2018, Bob Eager wrote:

When I spoke to Numatic about getting a Henry, I was advised to make sure I used their own-brand Hepaflo dust bags. I thought this was the usual con to steer me towards some vastly overpriced items but they turned out to be as cheap as chips. Well almost.

They still clog with plaster dust:-(

--
Tim Lamb

On 23/02/2018 17:56, Tim Lamb wrote:

Yes, BUT before they do the weight of plaster dust in the bag is substantial and it doesn't migrate further to the filters before the motor.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 23 Feb 2018 09:02:00 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Numatic is very good. I rang up about a problem with a 20 yo Geaorge: I'd had to buy new tubes as the plastic ones had split and the heads didn't fit. An adapter was available, I asked for 2 and got them FOC.
BTW, I do fancy the cordless Henry. 2x36V lithium batteries, pretty well full mains performance and £300.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 23/02/18 09:02, Bob Eager wrote:

British design, made in Britain by a British company.
Of course spares are available!