Extreme clock making (OT?)

Sort of OT, but not if you are into the ultimate in clock DIY!

Of all the things going on, I really like the stone-slicing robot which cut the stairs.

This project has been going for 10 years, but I hadn't heard of it. I wonder how many other rather strange privately-financed ideas are underway?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I love the long-sightedness of the project. Marvellously pointless and yet inspiring.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'll agree with the pointless, and I can see what they are trying to do

- but I'd be astonished in the next 10,000 years nobody has vandalised it, stolen it, recycled it or just had a war near it.

Though obviously I don't expect to be around that long myself!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Will eventually be discovered and worshipped by the apes, and then destroyed by some accidental time travellers, who sent back via a wormhole a rather harrowing documentary on their plight.

Except everyone else called that a film....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

harry

harry