Extreme clock making (OT?)

Sort of OT, but not if you are into the ultimate in clock DIY! <http://longnow.org/clock/
Of all the things going on, I really like the stone-slicing robot which cut the stairs.
This project has been going for 10 years, but I hadn't heard of it. I wonder how many other rather strange privately-financed ideas are underway?
--

Jeff

Add pictures here
✖

I love the long-sightedness of the project. Marvellously pointless and yet inspiring.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Add pictures here
✖
On 23/02/2018 15:40, Tim+ wrote:

I'll agree with the pointless, and I can see what they are trying to do - but I'd be astonished in the next 10,000 years nobody has vandalised it, stolen it, recycled it or just had a war near it.
Though obviously I don't expect to be around that long myself!
Andy
Add pictures here
✖
On 23/02/18 15:40, Tim+ wrote:

Will eventually be discovered and worshipped by the apes, and then destroyed by some accidental time travellers, who sent back via a wormhole a rather harrowing documentary on their plight.
Except everyone else called that a film....
--
Adrian C

Add pictures here
✖
On Friday, 23 February 2018 08:20:23 UTC, Jeff Layman wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
ÛAJ-3KypZs
Add pictures here
✖
On Friday, 23 February 2018 08:20:23 UTC, Jeff Layman wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=long+now+foundation

Add pictures here
✖