Fruugo Shower of b******

If you haven't heard of them you're lucky

These people pose as local suppliers but having placed and order for spare parts for my car I got an email saying it was being shipped from China. ( Shenzhen Pengzhanxiang Maoyi Youxiangongsi) Having been promised 2-3 day delivery I fell for it.If the supplier details had been made clear i wouldn'have touched them with a 40Ft barge pole

Reply to
fred

I hadn't heard of them. Red flags being the fact they sell *everything* in dozens of countries. Looks like another Wish/Temu/etc wannabee.

Lack of any contact information is another red flag, although it turns out there's a UK company with a registered office which does have a Fruugo sticker in the window - about as low profile as you can get:

On delivery it does give times if you open up that section on the product page:

Dispatched within 5 days EXPRESS: £2.49 - Delivery between Mon 23 October 2023–Thu 09 November 2023 - CHEAPEST - FASTEST STANDARD: £2.49 - Delivery between Mon 23 October 2023–Thu 09 November 2023 Shipping from China.

I did manage to get something (an air conditioning flush cylinder) from Wish for £18 that was £40 at Aliexpress and £60 at Amazon (with a month delivery, so shipped from China), so sometimes they can come in handy, as long as you know what you're getting (ie Chinese products with all their pluses and minuses).

Fruugo don't sell that particular item, which suggests to me their range is smaller, and their other listings seems expensive for the usual Aliexpress stuff.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I hadn't heard of them but one alarm bell I found was the under half price Bosch DIY items posted from China. Look alike knock offs, which are also found on wish?

I wonder if the OP is going to get a semi-decent part or some cheap shit item with a ripped off brand name.

Reply to
alan_m

I'm waiting to see what I get but in the meantime have found the same item on Amazon.de for nearly 1/2 the price. Bollix

Reply to
fred

Turns out it is a UK operation, even if many sellers are in China. Looks like they're an Amazon Marketplace clone. How it works from a seller perspective:

They have a lot of bad reviews though.

Theo

Reply to
Theo