Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Please keep me there.

Reply to
IMM

Do you hate life as well.

Reply to
IMM

The nightlife in London is crap and very expensive.

Reply to
IMM

She sounded New England/Canada. I think more Canada.

Reply to
IMM

Because they all drive to the local supermarket. It is common to have a supermarket serve a number of villages. Yet villages cry about the POs and shops closing. If the shopped there then they would stay open.

Reply to
IMM

Are these the same people who you keep telling us have second homes in the country?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

No.

Reply to
IMM

Any chance you could at least learn the art of trimming to context?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I am the greatest trimmer there is.

Reply to
IMM

So, according to you, *most* people in London cannot afford the nightlife and don't have a second home in the country. Yet these people who spend seven days a week in densely packed terraced houses could sell up, move away to homes twice the size for half the price and be better off (lower wages more than matched by lower housing costs, except in the South West). But they don't. This ought to tell you what most people realised decades ago, that location matters more to most people than anything.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Yup.

There is - right click a message, select 'filters' then 'open filters window'. Then you just have to click and delete the ones you don't want any more.

If you put a sig separator (--) just before 'PoP' this won't appear in people's replies.....

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

I have to say it was unintentionally hilarious in places :)

These people obviously just thought they had to cook some food and collect the takings at the end of the day......hehe.....

I'm not organised enough to even consider running a company unless I end up being an IT contractor using the services of an umbrella company to do all my taxes etc.

Guess which ones make 'good telly'.

They both are, though with considerably less publicity for one of them. Uncle Clive is still trying to make small things and Alan Sugar is slashing prices to stay profitable, assuming he's actually profitable.

I'd watch it.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

Yep.

Can't see why they don't. BTW, foreigners tend to stick around Londo as they feel better ina multi-national environment. The BRits are desertinbg London by the droves, except the Cockney's. Boiled beef and carrots, boiled beef and carrots.

London is an anomaly, not the norm at all.

Reply to
IMM

How do they fit the streets in then? Just curious?

No there are not. The gps are all filled with something. Even if its woodland where deer live, or farmland where food is grown and animals live. Or even the odd raliway and/or motorway.

Land is not solely there for your barbecue and decking IMM.

I have told you, but youy totally refused to listen. Take a plane and fly iover, or better still drive up to, the scottish highlands.

I have driven for HOURS across the north of scotland. There is no one there. There are plenty of derelict cottages going for a song. I suggest you move up there.

There are hundreds of square miles of places that do not even have a road. Why? Because there is nothing there anyone wants to get to really. A bit of timber, thats all. And a few deer.

The only use of this land - which is worthless of course - is for people like you to use it in a stupid statistics that shows that huge tracts of the actually useless bits of the country are owned by a few poor sods who can't make money out of it.

As part of your fearful hate campaihgn against common sense.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats only because you can build a house cheaply, but you can't build land. Its either there or it isn't.

Its simple supply and demand.

The way to get house prices down is to gas all labour voters.

That should halve house prices at a stroke.

;-)

It makes no difference what a house COSTS, it is simply a question of whether there are more houses than needed, and what people can afford to pay for those that are available.

Its perfectly feasible to put up far higher density of housing on the givcen land space, and leverage things like facilities and public transport, by building higher.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The point is I used to live in London. And I never went to the the pubs, clubs, museums, theatres, or use the public transport much, or met any open minded people.

Largely, I was so knackered in dealing with the mechanics of stayng alive, and had so little cash left, that I sued to get home, shut teh door, and go to bed.

Now, living aboyt as far away timewise from teh West End as I used to on North London, although I live in Suffolk, I find the occasional trip to Londomn to todo all that stuff is actually quicker...

And teh pubs are here, if I want them, but generally I don't. In short, I don't miss a single thing. I wake up on Sunday when the first car of the day goes past at 12 o clock, on its way to the pub....and rejoiice.

Well I jolly well DO.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds like mine.

The only thing we use em for apart from visting, is the supermarkets and other big shopping.

there are busses.

A LOT of the older people round here simply get a taxi. The actual cost for one or two trips a week is less than that of car ownership.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The gaps between "houses" are small, far too small.

Yes they are.

Most of it is subsided little-profitable agricultural land.

What the hell is it there for? It is to be used for the benefit of the people, not to make large landowners richer.

I have driven and flow all overrthe UK. Most is habitable, like 95% plus.

The land is owned by the cal Duke or whoever he is.

No roads because people are excluded.

Nonsense!

< snip babble >
Reply to
IMM

I would not live in london unless I had a £2M budget for housing.

It IS possible to find a leafy backstreet without street crme and off road parking, but boy, it costs.

The average terrace in e.g. Balham or somewhere is disgusting beyond belief, and VERY expensive.

Id raher be poor here, than there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is there!!! Look!!!! We only occupy 7.5% of it, while Lord Muck gets richer.

You don't listen do you. The market is rigged, we are not allowed to build in the country.

< snip babble >
Reply to
IMM