Rabies on Million Pound Property Experiment

Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

Reply to
No-one

In message , No-one writes

I couldn't believe that they did all that work on the house and didn't put a stopcock somewhere in the house, rather than just rely on the water co. one.

I was impressed though, to spend all that money on doing up the house and then not to be able to sell it takes some doing.......

Reply to
chris French

I'm glad they took a kicking on that one though, they ignored every single piece of advise offerred then moaned at the estate agent for not telling them what was wrong with the place. They kicked the offer of 385 in to touch and then thought they'd done well after spending more money on it to sell at

335. What a pair of prize prats.
Reply to
James Hart

In message , chris French writes

Aerial lead fell out of the video ... I have a very fuzzy hardly viewable picture, is it really worth watching?

Reply to
geoff

O yes,,,

Reply to
Mark Lydall

I thought they were great 'designers' but clueless when it came to actually understanding the practical needs of housedwellers. I see them with a great future in the tate modern, the labour government, or Microsoft.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

God, how I loathe that programme! The two presenters are so arrogant and excitable, like overgrown kids. The way they dance about when they get an offer is laughable. The only bloke there with a bit of common sense is Nigel, the builder. Last night, they bought that house for £235K. If they'd spent just ten grand giving it a decent lick of paint inside and out, tidied everything up and presented it as a family home for the typical family in that area, they may well have got near to what they eventually had to accept and they'd have made a vastly better profit. But no, they had to spend around eighty grand! Eighty grand for a makeover! What would Carol Smillie say about that amount of money!

I mean, I have to say that they do have a flair for design and every property so far has looked fantastic at the end. But the whole point of the experiment is to make money for charity, not be a living advertisement for their design talents.

I also noticed at the vey end, in the preview to next week's show, that Nigel the builder will NOT be project managing the next project! I wonder if this is because he's getting as fed up as I am about these two.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

The final buyers were only described as 'a professional couple with no children', totally different to the 'family with children' that they were supposedly aiming at. I think they found the right buyer for their designs, they just missed the (proper) design goals by a long way. All the mentioned stuff like kid-safe cooker, wardrobes, warm feeling lounge etc.

Reply to
James Hart

But it was nice to watch them panicking over a leak; I wonder how they fitted the plumbing with no stopcock.

And I've stopped wondering about using plastic pushfit plumbing.

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

that amount of money!

"Yes", even if you looked like Rumplestiltskin.

Reply to
Woodspoiler

In message , Mark Lydall writes

I don't suppose anyone taped it did they ?

I have just accidentally taped over it with tonight's panorama

Reply to
geoff

But some of that was pointed out to them by Nigel, yet they didn't want to listen! In the end, Nigel got up and left. I have a feeling he was about to clock them one at that point, and if that could have shut up the one guy, I don't know whether it was Colin or Justin, all to the good. They are both rather too full of it, in my opinion. Four weeks and nowhere near a million yet. Just a heck of lot of hard work from Nigel and his builders and a heck of a lot of excitable bullshit from the two prima donnas.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

does anyone know when it's on on BBC2W ?

I can only find it on normal BBC2 (EN, IR & SC) not Wales... bloody typical /c;

Les

Reply to
in2minds

You ain't missing anything...really, you're not...unless you're partial to a bit of comedy, that is.

RM

Reply to
Reestit Mutton

I recorded it on my computer (well all except the first couple of mins)... hence it is still sat in a large file. I might be able to render it down to a video CD format if you want.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , Mike Mitchell writes

It's the first time I have watched a whole one - I was blobbing out on the sofa and got sucked in....

I suspect that is one of the reasons they were chosen.

Ditto.

Or Sarah Beeny :-)

It is so transparently obvious that they chose the 'cast' because of their antics, and because of the scope for plenty of conflict with Nigel etc. I suspect it is good viewing because they make such a balls up of it.

Reply to
chris French

Correction, the only bloke there is Nigel, the Builder, full stop :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Did anyone identify the make of pushfit which failed, just so I remember not to use one.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

It looked like the new type of Speedfit (with the turn to lock bit !). Why did it fail ? Was half watching with the sound off so I didnt hear.

Andy F

Reply to
Andy Farrall

In article , mike ring writes

Done on the cheap. Remember how they went for cheap B&Q kitchen units to save money? The units may have looked good when new but would have fallen apart in no time.

Amen.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson