Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Do we have any evidence that she is a successful developer - other than C4 publicity ? Based on the state of her own flat as amusingly exposed on "Britain's Best Homos" I would say the jury is out.

Reply to
Ted Woodley

Yes they are very specific about this. I believe a 300mm sphere should not be able to go through anywhere. Presumably this is to simulate a child's head

Reply to
BillR

or maybe Mad Red Cow as she did have very red hair!

Reply to
Bill Gardener

LOL. so funny. Read and learn.

Reply to
IMM

Yes, that was a disgrace to the hunchback race.

Reply to
IMM

IMM springs to mind :-)

ATB

Kris

Reply to
Kris

Try 100mm.

You know some weird looking kids :)

Reply to
Grant Mason

Sounds like the apocryphal electrician's house with rubber wires sticking out of the walls, or the plumber's house where you have to sh*t in a bucket. Too busy out making money and don't want to return home to do what you've been doing at work all day.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes. My father was a professional photographer. I have NO pictures of my wedding.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Most people would consider that a good thing.

Reply to
IMM

I think it's also a nadir of British society if a grotty two bedroom terrace is London is now worth near to half a million pounds. You can buy a five bedroom detached house, 10 acres of land and a barn larger than that whole terrace house (upstairs and down) within commuting distance of Manchester. And I mean easy commuting, not the up to two hours there and again back I gather some people down there do.

When is this government going to decentralise, starting with the thing it can influence - the civil service.

Reply to
G&M

I'm sure that came out ruder than expected!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Where was that house? What area of London? The sort that buy those houses generally also have a house in country.

Great idea. Get all the departments out of London. They started in the 1970s but Thatcher stopped it: Social Security at Newcastle, DVLA in Swansea, etc.

Reply to
IMM

Especially since I was actually quite attractive back then. Hmmph.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I suspect the comment came as a direct result of following the course of action you prescribe....actually ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed. But then you would have all those grotty no hoper suits cluutering up the countryside and suburbanising it even more.

I say have a quiet word with Osama, and poison the whole of london.

Where is shipman when you need him?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How little you know of life!

There's a place waiting for you in Cuba, IMM.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can, and, as we repeatedly point out to IMM, people who have the money to make such choices would, for the most part, much rather have a poky cottage in Richmond than a barn near Manchester. I don't see it myself but ultimately things are worth what people are prepared to pay for them. IMM's claim that the people who pay these sums for poky cottages all have second homes in the country, if true, merely shows that living in £300K house at weekends and in town during the week beats commuting from a £700K house in the back of nowhere.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Really? Surely its the case that people think that they *have* to live in the vicinity of the capital, because that's where all the overpaid jobs are, that enable to people to afford ludicrous mortgages, so that they can afford to live near the capital, etc., etc. I can't think of any reason why anyone would actually *want* to live and/or work the open sewer otherwise known as London: personally, you'd have to pay me half a million to tolerate doing either ;-)

Julian

Reply to
Julian Fowler

Great place. I was thee last year.