Toilet seat recommendations

Original plastic toilet seat broke on WC a few months back so bought a new white wooden one to replace it BUT the hinges on it are crap! Have tightened them up numerous times and used threadlock on them but the metal hinge posts that stick up keep coming loose.
Anyone point me to a seat I can fit that doesn't move around once fitted?

I got a nice solid wooden one from Homebase a few years ago. Hinges are stainless steel and well made. There's an invisble rubber washer under the hinge which prevents it sliding and seals against anything leaking through the mounting holes.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:33:59 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Agreed. One of the most important things is to make sure it is the type which has a bar which joins both hinges together. These work loose a lot less then separate hinge types.

The one I got from BES ( made by Carrara and Matta) ,although having seperate hinges, hasn't moved in the slightest in a couple of years .

We have an Ideal Standard "soft close" seat which seems to have much higher quality hinges than your usual bog.
Like these ones: http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Soft_Close_Toilet_Seats.html
Admittedly we've not had it that long but it shows no sign of loosening and it's great not having to worry about the seat clattering down. A friend with the same seat seems just as solid after 18 months or so with no adjustment.
Ours was ordered through our local Plumb Centre. All the DIY shed seats seem to be as bad as each others.
Tim

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:16:51 +0100, "Tim Downie"

Your friend seems just as solid ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

<>
I'd just decided not to post that :-)
--
Rod

SJP wrote:

fill the area between the screws and porcelain with silicone. Hand thighten. Leave overnight. Screw down hard.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

That's what the previous occupant of our house did. The problem is that the acid in the silicone sealant leeches out over time and corrodes the screws even more than normal. And the residual rust stained silicone was a pig to clean off the toilet when I replaced the seat.
--
Mike Clarke

You are not after a 'bog' standard one then? Dave