Dimensions for feather-edge boards

Hi,

I'm looking to build a kind of lean-to this weekend in which to store a bike or two. I'm planning to clad the frame with the kind of overlapping boards used on medium-to-cheap sheds. Here's my local timber company's page of what I think is what I'm after:

anyone decipher the dimensions? I'm guessing [thickness at thick edge]x[thickness at thin edge]x[width], all in mm, plus length in m. Sound about right?

Anyone think the prices are particularly extortionate and I should look elsewhere?

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

In message , Pete Verdon writes

Roughly 1 ukp/m. Sounds OK. I paid the same for ex.175mm x 32mm f/edge in 4.2m lengths from a biggish timber yard last year.

If you intend to paint/stain feather edge, do it before you erect otherwise shrinkage as it dries out will leave untreated stripes.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

19 x 6 sounds about the right proportions, albeit rather thick. I use the 100 x 11 stuff from Wickes usually. 11 is the thicker edge, it tapers to about 4mm.

The Wickes stuff is 50p a metre, but isn't as wide or as thick, so that sounds reasonable to me.

32mm? Is that the thick edge Tim?
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

No. Its the board they cut it from. Usually ends up 18mm tapering to 8 or 9mm. It keeps the rain and some of the insects out of my house and buildings:-) My original post not threaded here so Demon still struggling.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb