Today's DIY

Rabbits

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Yes, but I suppose overtime rates are higher on a Sunday :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Not round here, even though we are overrun by the perishing things after a few mild winters. Mixy has taken a few out in the last couple of weeks but there is still plenty of 'em about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Why would they be on overtime? Just let 'em have a half day on another day that week.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Some (not all) UPVc windows have internal metal stiffening inserts so you might be able to consider attaching with magnets.

Reply to
Andrew

Usually the darker colours to prevent sun warping, but it can be added to white (for extra cost)

Reply to
Tim Watts

How does that work, because if you talk to photographers you'll find that canon uses Grey lenes rather than the more normal black to reduce the effects of heat expantion as black aborbes heat energy so get hotter quicker.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The steel prevents warping - due to the darker colours absorbing more heat.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Next year brambles, year after birch...

If you want a wildflower meadow you need to make hay. Scythe it, let it dry (for the annual's seeds to fall out) then take the cut stuff away. Once a year.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I think I'll just keep mowing it and planting trees.

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , S Viemeister escribió:

no. It'll work better if you drill small pilot holes first.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Thank you. And my Dad trained me in the use of pilot holes!

Reply to
S Viemeister