Thwarted

A few weeks ago I saw some frosted glass doors - floor to ceiling in shallow and narrow kitchen cupboards in MFI. After pondering for a while I (+ SWMBO) decided 3 of them would look great in a 4 foot wide recess in our kitchen where there is currently a worktop and a wall cupboard.

Went back today to do some serious measuring and was told it was discontinued.

I want to pursue the concept so does anyone know where I can obtain full height shallow carcasses and glass (metal framed) doors. I will eventually re-do the rest of the kitchen - I thought glass would be sufficiently neutral to go with whatever doors we have in the rest of the kitchen as well as not being as imposing as wooden doors.

Any ideas?

Reply to
John

Depends how wide the space is. Ikea do sliding doors in silver(ish) metal, and opaque glass. However, each door is a metre wide, so I am guessing that's too wide. If not too wide, then the running gear and doors can be bought, and attached to whatever you have handy (assuming the top and bottom parts are the right distance apart.) You could just hang a load of wall cupboards from floor to ceiling?

Reply to
David P

height shallow carcasses and glass (metal framed) doors. I will eventually re-do the rest of the kitchen - I thought glass would be sufficiently neutral to go with whatever doors we have in the rest of the kitchen as well as not being as imposing as wooden doors.

Any ideas?

Reply to
RodC

Howdens are a trade outlet for MFI. MFI have their own manufacturing side, one of their factories under the name of Hygena is to close shorlty with a loss of several hundred jobs locally. Howden's units are supplied pre-built rather than flat pack.

Reply to
me