Thunderbird 115

No, QuoteColours is not installed.

Reply to
alan_m

It is here for me.

Possibly you have selected font colours (somehow! Who knows how!) that match the sig colour

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I guess all the people in the TBird forum don't know about this either. Mine is now behaving sanely. Many thanks!

(copied there!)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I'm apparently not in conversation view because all I see is the subject title of thread, no lines of any of the responses. When I click on a specific thread posting, the entire posting appears in the reading panel. That I like.

However, FIFW, my mail.operate_on_msgs_in_collapsed_threads can be set either to True or False. It doesn't change the fact that every time I click on the title of a newsgroup, I can either see all threads or only thread with new messages, but in either case, each thread is fully expanded. I have to manually hit the "\" key to collapse them. Even then, leaving TB open, if I select a different newsgroup and then return to one I've already collapsed, it again displays threads fully expanded. That, I don't like.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

You can also click on the little 'twisty' to toggle the headers in the thread pane to collapsed / expanded.

Reply to
Big Al

What is that 'twisty', do you have a photo or screenshot?

Reply to
Carlos E. R.

If the view is set to unread threads, and there is only one unread item in the thread, this does not work, as there is nothing to expand as the unread items are hidden.

The read and unread items show in the summary window, and trying to open the item opens every message in the thread...

Dave.

Reply to
David Wade

's at the beginning of every expandable item practically everywhere in TB. In this pic it's a down arrow. I changed the icon via css. It looks like a 'v' otherwise. If I collapse the threads it changes to -> an arrow pointing right. It twists as you click it, thus the term twisty. This is a TB term used the DOM/programmers stuff. You see it in front of your news servers, local folders etc so you can expand and collapse them. Same with Windows folders in the side bar. 'This PC' has one, if you hit it, it will expand/collapse all the drives. The item is used a lot of places in most Windows and Linux, not sure of MAC.

Reply to
Big Al

I used unread/threaded. So one unread shows the entire thread. I myself wish to see some of the previous comments, so I want the thread, but that's me. So the twisty works in my case. If you feel it's a bug, try posting a bug on bugzilla.mozilla.org.

Reply to
Big Al

Ah, of course. But it collapses/expand just one thread.

Reply to
Carlos E. R.

  • does the lot

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know. * expands, \ collapses.

But I thought, reading this thread, that there was a mouse click somewhere that did the same.

Reply to
Carlos E. R.

So you say you don't have the twisty like this, see arrow.

when clicked you get this, see arrow.

Big Al

If you want that on the toolbar right click on the tool bar and from the list of things that cam be displayed on the toolbar select "thread"

Reply to
alan_m

Yes, I have them.

I just thought, wrongly, that you were talking about somewhere to click with the mouse and it would collapse/expand *all* threads. An equivalent of the '' or '*' keys.

Reply to
Carlos E. R.

If you look at your column headings, one of them is "Thread". If checked, you will see an icon for "Toggle message threads". Click on that. Since I prefer the keyboard, I press the Spacebar while focused on it to do the same thing.

Reply to
AllanH

Well you can click on the twisty and expand of collapse ONE thread. Yes, but not all at once. Like you I thought wrongly that you were looking for a single thread to toggle. The * \ thing just went over my head as much as I know and use them.

Reply to
Big Al

That just switches between threaded view/linear view. I'm talking of a button to expand all threads.

No, this is '' vs '*'.

Reply to
Carlos E. R.

I do

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which tool bar are you talking about? When I go to "View" one of the drop down choices is "Toolbars" and within that selection there are 4 different items, Menu Bar, Quick Filter Bar, Spaces Toolbar, and Status Bar. Below those 4 there's a choice to select Customize. When I choose customize, a whole bunch of icons inside squares with the name of the function appear but none of them say Thread. I've also tried right clicking on every bar on my display and either nothing happens or other options appear, none of which are Thread. The only way I get to threads is from the drop down menu when I click on View. I'm using 15.3.3. 64 bit.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt