Breakfast

Yesterday I had a breakfast that was a first for me. It was dear wife's turn to make breakfast. I ended up with a dish with these things in it: fake eggs scrambled, chopped kale from the garden, and chopped pre-cooked bacon. I was a little leery at first but after the first bite it was really good. DW is always trying to get more veggies into me so she did well this time. Generally I don't much care for greens except in a salad but this breakfast was really tasty.

We've been getting a little rain here and there and, the last few days we awakened to a very heavy fog, heavy enough to water the gardens and the lawn. I will take that over a frog strangler dropping water for two hours or so.

The spring garden is doing well and the pear tree is starting to bloom. I see a few figs on that tree, even after it nearly froze to death in January. The kumquat is not at blooming time but the frost bitten leaves have come back and I'm hoping we will get a good crop.

The fall/spring greens are shoosting up to the sky so will be pulled soon and into the new composter. Our five-year old one from Lowe's collapsed a few weeks ago and has gone to composter heaven at the dump. The new one was ordered on line and is much more sturdy and there were a large amount of positive emails on that brand. Plus it is black and that will help with the heat part of composting.

We had our Easter dinner last week as that was when the whole crowd was available. Today we're roasting a big chicken with Miz Anne's wonderful cornbread stuffing. Of course I had to make the Southern cornbread.

We wish all the gardeners a Happy Easter.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

George Shirley wrote: ...

thank you George! hope you all had a great day too. :)

everything sounds good to me. like you i need to peel off a few lbs. i had a moderate meal yesterday (one plate, some chocolate for dessert and a few other things, but nothing too crazy).

not too much out of normal going on here. i finished harvesting and redistributing the deer poops from the front garden pathways into the neighboring gardens where they will do more good. with the ground still being very wet i haven't done too much weeding yet but will have to pick it up again as there are some very short grasses already setting seeds and some other weeds are flowering so i will hope to head them off at the pass.

rains, sunshine, some warm days, a bit of wind, critters, etc.

nothing planted yet, i have a few spring bulbs that some friends had in planters that i will stick in the ground. they will likely not flower the next season, but the season after... as they are free, it does not bother me at all when they do what they will.

spring flowers aplenty. i really need to divide some of these clumps of flowers up. i have daydreams of taking many of them and putting them along the road for a half mile to the north of us (along a farm field - a lot of people drive this stretch of road). i wish i could do it sometime when nobody would know it. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird