These drill bits are worth the money from Aldi.

It wasn't leather but the driving seat (with arms) of the dear old Princess was like that.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Aldi's luxury Xmas pud is *the* best IMHO. I tried Asda and Tesco's finest offererings and they came nowhere near in terms of taste (or price!) I seem to remember the Aldi one did really well in a Which? test a couple of years back too.

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

Have you tried making your own? It's very easy.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Nice thing about making Christmas puds is that you can inflict them on the family year after year and they keep coming back for more. For several years near enough our only presents to my brother and sister was a family sized pud and a couple of bottles of sloe gin.

The other advantage is you can bend the recipe to taste - I don't like brandy in puds and I don't like them to come out black and tarry as if you were going to mend roads with them. So we use brown ale, light brown sugar, sultanas instead of currants, whole dates, whole cherries, halved almonds etc.

Reply to
Guy King

I haven't, no. But I reckon the Aldi one is better than my mum's. But

*please* don't tell her! :-)

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

Something similar here. And I make them the year before so that if anything gets in the way nobody misses out. They look forward to it.

Agree again - in principle. But I'm not keen on cherries - at least, not glace cherries - in anything. Recently I've discovered the intense flavour of dried cherries, they're in next year's puds!

Instead of brandy (which tastes like meths smells, to me) try Armagnac, I'm using 1983 at the moment. Butter is used instead of suet.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I shan't - but that doesn't mean that Aldi's would be better than YOURS.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What's it worth?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I hereby nominate you for funniest post of the year (so far)

Reply to
Matt

I am a radio ham and have done quite a lot of work with PCBs and I can see why you use them. Though having said that, I can grind a drill to suit what I am drilling. It is all down to the way you grind the cutting edge.

Yes, that was the one I had, based on the 2000 body. I originally wanted a 2000, but they were in short supply at that time.

Was that a bit A40ish at the back end? Finned rear wigs. I am sure that was what I remembered about it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Really? The V-8s were also in short supply when introduced due to the factory not being able to make enough engines.

Oh no. Much later than that. Used by the police a lot. Here's some pics.

Dave Plowman (News)

Seconded.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Many thanks for that. The car I was thinking about must have been a lot earlier than those in that link.

Some very nice looking cars there though.

Many thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I wrote off a Rover once ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You shouldn't have washed it.

Reply to
dennis

No, the driver of the mini bus shouldn't have gone through a red light.

I've never washed a car, that's what men are for.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I have written 2 off. Both by the efforts of a woman driver. :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Mary, I have not washed a car in ten years. It either gets done in the rain, or in frustration, by the local hand wash. Are you the same, or do you get spouse to do it? Spouse has never put fuel in a car in her life. I doubt that she knows how.

By the way, the reason I do not wash my car, is that it gets caked with animal excrement going to my local real ale pub at lunchtime. I have tried removing the crud, but it has set like cement. The local hand wash has much better chemicals than I can get my hands on.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I don't get him to do it, occasionally he decides to. Usually when we're gong to a wedding or funeral ...

Oh I've done that thousands of times. And, in the days of engines you could see, I did a lot of the maintenance and repair. I've lost count of the number of valves I've re-ground.

Oh happy days!

I've no idea what the muck on ours comprises. As long as I can open the driving door and don't have to kick the tailgate too hard to lock it I'm happy :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mine was by the effort of a man driver. Drunk to boot.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher