There, I've fixed it.

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)
Reply to
Chris Hogg

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole [1] the other night to fix it.

[1] I am sure that they were just put there by a local resident who is annoyed by people parking on the street when using the shop next door to his house.
Reply to
ARW

Indeed. The are parts of at least two covers there!

Reply to
Roger Mills

An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind boggles as to what part a traffic cone might play in such things.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I was primarily thinking about blind people when I took the picture. It's a shattered cast iron duct cover (I hesitate to say manhole) The fragments of which, augmented with the fragments of a second cover, have been laid in a sort of lattice making a surprisingly effective man-trap.

It's bang in the middle of the footpath of a busy arterial route.

Reply to
Graham.

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Reply to
ARW

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone links to a picture which he cannot see. I don't have a problem with that. I only hope that I shall manage to do the things which Brian still does if I ever lose my sight.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Well, he does mention it with tedious regularity. Now I know being blind sucks but I sincerely hope that if it ever happens to me I don't go whinging about every photograph that I can't see. It's shit, but shit happens.

Maybe Brian hopes that everyone will post descriptions of every photograph linked in Usenet. Well, he can hope, but I doubt it will happen. Perhaps if Brian ceased engaging with trolls and worked on improving the signal to noise ratio in his posts more of us would make the effort to describe photos. Respect needs to be earned, not demanded.

Now if for example (god forbid) John Rumm became blind but continued to post intelligently and helpfully I'm sure that most of us would show him consideration and willingly describe photographs if appropriate.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1
Reply to
newshound

+2 I don't mind in the slightest. There but for the grace of God........

Don't be such miserable bastards to the poor bloke.

Reply to
harry

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

Reply to
ARW

The only thing that annoys me more than a blind bloke telling me for the

30th time that he is still blind are your racist posts.
Reply to
ARW

Silly question!

But the point is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't dwell on his blindness ordinarily - only when there's a picture involved. And he does make a useful contribution to this NG on subjects in which he is knowledgeable.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I see you're also blind in your own way

Reply to
harry

I have done it myself. But if he asks, I post a description. Have you no charity?

Reply to
harry

I knew I shouldn't spend to much time on amazon as I brought this T-shirt

whisky-dave

So have just emailed the gf and asked her to order one for me.

Reply to
ARW

I'll let you have one of those, but you can't have one of these and wear it like wot I can

whisky-dave

My gf tells me what I can wear not you:-)

I am allowed an opinion on what I want to wear but I am not allowed to voice it.

Reply to
ARW