Chasing new switch wire for extra switch...

I want to add an additional switch for my lounge light so I can also operate it from another doorway.

Solid walls so chasing is indicated. New switch will be on same wall as existing one.

What's best? Is a straight chase horizontally across from existing to new switch advisable / allowed? Or something else?

TIA

Reply to
JimK

Horizontal makes most sense.

:)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Cables should be in line with a visible accessory, or within 150mm of and internal or external corner:

John Rumm

If you want a second mortgage then there is the MK echo....

Reply to
ARW

Yes - horizontal is fine.

Reply to
Tim Watts

What about fitting a radio switch and then you could keep the remotes anywhere. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

there are far easier options

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes. Beside the dozens of others. ;-)

At one time, when you only had one for the TV, they did save effort, and were very convenient. Now by the time you've found the right one you'd have been quicker to go to the device and press a button on it. Except they don't put buttons on them anymore. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Velcro is your friend

(Don't ask).

Reply to
Graham.

I won't, but what's the make?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Tesco or Asda. They come with three of these.

Graham.

Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Hogg